Polestar Forum banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve now tried the bug report function for the loss of internet and loss of GPS issues to see if anything happens. Page that comes up says that the info only goes to Google though.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
option to have heated seat(s) and/or steering wheel when preconditioning cabin.
You can have this automatically when you put your bum on your seat? I know this isn't quite the same as it pre-heating the seats and steering wheel but they heat up within a minute or two. I have mine set to min seat heating and min steering wheel heating when I get in.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can have this automatically when you put your bum on your seat? I know this isn't quite the same as it pre-heating the seats and steering wheel but they heat up within a minute or two. I have mine set to min seat heating and min steering wheel heating when I get in.
Thanks Richard - I already have that set but it would be nice for the bum to land on a warm seat, especially if you’re not able to make use of the full 30 minute preconditioning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
1. Ability to completely deactivate collision avoidance.
2. Redesign of charging port light so it lights the actual port and doesn’t blind you, reducing you vision!
3. GSuite accounts.
Gsuite and Enterprise account support missing in PS2 is a shocker. My YouTube premium/music plus all other synching is lost to me. I am using a "fake" gmail standard account to link and could copy over contacts and get some functionality back, but this integration seems like a table stakes item for Google to make consistent in their family of software.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gsuite and Enterprise account support missing in PS2 is a shocker. My YouTube premium/music plus all other synching is lost to me. I am using a "fake" gmail standard account to link and could copy over contacts and get some functionality back, but this integration seems like a table stakes item for Google to make consistent in their family of software.
GSuite (excuse me, "Google Workplace") account support is never going to be table stakes for a Google consumer oriented product, alas. Not without some major internal upheavals, at least.

·
Registered
279 Posts
GSuite (excuse me, "Google Workplace") account support is never going to be table stakes for a Google consumer oriented product, alas. Not without some major internal upheavals, at least.
Yes, I'm glad I resisted the urge to get my own personal GSuite account. My company (years ago) had it for awhile and it was wonderful in that setting, but I always kept my personal account separate. Between Wave/Buzz/Inbox/Reader/etc. I've learned not to count on anything that isn't closely tied to Google's primary ad model. I'm confident that Search, Gmail, and YouTube will be around for keeps. Nest and Assistant related stuff should also be around for awhile. But I'm not incurring a dependency on Google properties other than Android Automotive as part of this car...and I expect a few more apps (maybe) and the actual mobile native (phone) apps for phone as key and car control to some level to show up this year, but I won't count on more. I hope to be pleasantly surprised with more new AA apps than I expect. Best thing to drive more interest is if many more auto manufacturers support AA in new vehicles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hope it's not really a never-ever feature. Causing me to juggle how to do youtube premium (for you tube music) and all sorts of workarounds.

One big help is to export my G Suite map favorites to my regular gmail account that is sync'd with the PS2 to get those into the map.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hope it's not really a never-ever feature. Causing me to juggle how to do youtube premium (for you tube music) and all sorts of workarounds.

One big help is to export my G Suite map favorites to my regular gmail account that is sync'd with the PS2 to get those into the map.
Well, I won't say never-ever, but I'm pretty confident that it has zero priority.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can the functionality be added so that the radio switches off when the driver door is opened after Park is pressed.
It actually uses a sensor in the driver's seat - as soon as you get out it switches off. Of course it would be nice to have the ability to configure the behavior you want as well.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
20 Posts
After driving the Volvo XC60 hybrid for a little while something I think they should transfer to the Polestar. The ability to turn on/off regen breaking by selecting with the gear shifter. In the Volvo “D” is drive without regen breaking and “B” is drive with regen breaking.
I don’t know what others think but I like to switch between the two spending on road conditions and scenario. It’s far easier while driving via the gear selector with no need to take your eyes off the road than having to go through the settings screen.
just a thought but I think it works well on the Volvos.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You mean like my '95 Saab 900SE?

Night mode turned off all display except the speedometer. In the event of anything of interest (low oil, low fuel, etc.) the appropriate display would come back to life.
Yes! I, too had a Saab and loved this feature!!!

201 - 220 of 226 Posts