Now people have had some time with their new cars, I thought it might be good to add a list of future updates we as Polestar Owners would like to see. As always I'll try and keep this updated.
I'm going to break this down into three sections. Google Apps - I know Polestar has no direct control on this, but the list might be seen or forwarded to the right people. Polestar 2 OTA Updates - Anything that could be added by a software update, and Future Models Requests - Physical things that can't be changed on this model, but maybe make it into the next one.
In addition please do not list anything already on the Roadmap here: Pure progressive performance | Polestar
Google Apps we would like to see added.
- Google News or a news apps.
- A Better Route Planner
- Amazon Prime
- Amazon Music
- Google Map Updates
- Add a Satellite Viewing Option.
- Make storing addresses easier.
- Add option for multiple recharge stops en-route.
- Map Filter for Charging Stations with a Save mode - kWs, Exclusive, Non & Preferred Networks, permanently show them option, etc..
- Always display current traffic levels, even when no planned route is showing.
Polestar OTA Updates
- Show charging on AC/DC as kW! - Let us have the option of MPH or kWh info for charging.
- A screen that shows charging curves, current charge rate, etc.. plus reason for the charge being slow ... i.e. Low Temperature / Battery nearly full, etc..
- A "Dog Mode" - A way to keep the AC going while the car is locked, with the Display showing it's in "Dog Mode".
- A "Campsite Mode" - A way to keep the HVAC going while the driver seat is unoccupied.
- Battery preconditioning - A feature you can turn on before leaving on a Journey, or before stopping at a Rapid 150kW Charger to maximise charge speeds.
- Audio balance controls (left / right / front / back).
- Full Audio controls (equalizer, fade, balance, speed sensitive volume on/off, location, etc.)
- Independent control of the screen/dash display brightness and the accent lighting (currently seems yoked; unclear if can be unyoked).
- Add option to prioritise FM or DAB when using voice to request station.
- Add option to retune all radio stations.
- OTA onboard manual updates.
- OTA release notes for updates as applied.
- Error messages logged onboard and recallable as option on car status screen. i.e. A way to send Polestar our error message log(s).
- Redesign the driver performance screen to show more relevant information. i.e. Actual Usage in kW.
- Add option to show current usage as miles per kWh or kWh/100 in driver display screen
- Sport Mode - Where the accelerator peddle is more responsive (especially early) and keeps ESC turned OFF / Change Drivers Screen to more sporty mode.
- Eco Mode - Where AC is limited (like the i-Pace), all power to USB's are turned off, max acceleration & speed limited, etc... to maximise range.
- Have an option to use the steering wheel up/down buttons to adjust Regenerative Braking setting.
- An Auditable Alarm you left your phone in the wireless charger.
- Android Auto
- Adding a phone list option to scroll through with missed and placed calls.
- Operating, scrolling and entering the main console via the buttons on the steering wheel.
- An option to deactivate the Charging Cable Release button next to the socket.
- Your Spec Polestar (colour, wheels, P-Pack) is reflected in the infotainment screen (or at least an option to custom the car car/spec on display).
- The ability to separately adjust the brightness on the main screen and drivers display.
- To be able to change the "Parked PreHeating/Cooling" temperature!
- Improvements to the Pilot Assist, especially the Lane Guidance - better positioning in the middle of the lane, and less aggressive with smoother transitions where it's possible.
- Option On/Off for the car to automatically stop on a Red Parking Sensor - maybe an override on the drivers screen.
- TPMS: show air pressure status for each tire on the infotainment system.
- Make volume modulation with speed less abrupt - right now it's a step-wise change in volume past certain speeds. If that could be made more gradual, or turned off, that would be less jarring
- Noise Cancelling Feature to dull the tyre noise in the cabin.
- Shortcut system on the infotainment. It's five touches just to get to the equaliser for example. Or at least a shortcut to the equaliser - maybe touch the volume bar if it's on screen or something.
- Volume up on the steering wheel should do the same as hitting play if the system isn't already playing.
- Pushing left should enable LIM, pushing right should enable ACC/CC. It's bonkers that they've split these two functions out onto two separate buttons but you still need to fiddle around with the touchscreen to change. Also, minimum speed can be set to any speed.
- Automatic Audio Restart option (on/off) in the settings. So when you get in the car the music starts without an input required.
- 12V Battery Health Indicator.
App Features (once released)
- Find my Polestar (a la Apple's Find My... functions)
Future Polestar's (either standard or as an option)
- Heat Pump.
- Built in Dash Cam's with a Sentry Mode.
- Redesign centre console:
- No piano black - anywhere!
- Cover the sides flares in squishier/softer plastic/fabric so it's nicer to rest your knee and arm there and to give softer edge on the medial side of the flare where plastic transitions to wood accent
- Fit in a proper 2nd cup holder (maybe move the DNR to a stalk on the steering wheel?)
- Redesign side door bins to be bigger a la the XC40
- Enable battery upgrading when more energy dense (Wh/kg and Wh/L) batteries come out.
- Enable data transfer via USB ports so audiophiles can stream or pre-load music via a wired connection faster/better than Bluetooth allows, and so we can side-load apps and for file storage
- A Flatter Drivers Floor
- Kid friendly option pack with Screens in the back of the front seats, having full access to Google play games & video from youtube/netflix even while driving, for rear seat passengers only.
- Radio: A better FM radio, current model is very poor quality.
- Accelerometer added to the car for 0-60 times / plus track timer option screen - for people who want to put their cars on the track!
- 40/60 folding seats controllable from the trunk
- Digital Display Rear View Mirror
- Clearer markings on the steering wheel buttons
- Higher Resolution Cameras
- Mud flaps
- Camera's become dirty very easily - better placement or protection required.
- Dual wireless charger for both driver and passenger
- Heads Up Display
- A rear wiper
- A button to open the front boot (ie. a powered front boot)
- Integrated SunBlinds for Rear Windows.
- A more advanced 360 camera, where you can spin the view in 360deg.
- Self parking
- 240v Domestic Socket in the boot.
- Bespoke Steering wheel design, so doesn't look like a rebranded Volvo one.
- Brighter Ambient Lighting - also colour option and all configurable via the main screen.
- A Real Vegan Leather Option, so you can have Ventilated Seats without needing real leather seats.
- Boot Cargo Cover - A Fabric Retractable Option.
- Rear seat back pockets: replace the rather cheap looking nets with real pockets, or even better, have something cool like removable slim satchels or laptop-like bags.
- Metal Pedals Option.
- Frunk: an interior light would be nice.
- HVAC: offer an air ionizer to improve air quality and neutralize odours inside and from outside.
- Sunroof: offer a power retractable sun shade.
- Accessories: offer cool lifestyle accessories such as an air compressor, powered cooler, fitted bags or luggage; fitted rechargable flashlight, snow brush/ice scrapper, and umbrella in the trunk or frunk; a tasteful trunk or roof spoiler.
- Greater Interior Trim options.
- Wood Inserts without buying the Leather Seats.
- Different Material / patterns.
Future Polestar Models / Variants
[App Features (once released)/QUOTE]
- Wagon/Estate version!!! Bonus points if allows jump seats like in my parents' old Volvo wagon!
And please make a decent app and throw away (purge!!) this one so that nobody can be ashamed anymore. I mean an functional app like the Volvo one on v60 hybrid, with detailed information about thing you would need like speed, battery usage, driving history, an admin for tax purposes (relevant in NL!), find my Volvo, etc., etc. What we have now is absolutely and far below reasonable expectations.