Polestar Forum banner
361 - 380 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
oh and some other wishes, small map when in '4 corners' screen vs just 'Maps' (IDK why it doesn't display anything unless you're full blow map, but maybe because it can be on the drivers console). Also, for Spotify to show progress on the '4 corners' screen and automatically show 15 second skip buttons for Podcasts and also have the steering wheel buttons respond accordingly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
oh and some other wishes, small map when in '4 corners' screen vs just 'Maps' (IDK why it doesn't display anything unless you're full blow map, but maybe because it can be on the drivers console). Also, for Spotify to show progress on the '4 corners' screen and automatically show 15 second skip buttons for Podcasts and also have the steering wheel buttons respond accordingly.
Agreed. The lack of useful active information within the tiles is pretty surprising. I think that must have been at the direction of Polestar, as maybe a safety feature to distract as little as possible. I say that because the pure AAOS demonstrations have much more active displays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's probably in this thread somewhere, but it would be great to have a widget for android phones - have the main info from the app on display + maybe the lock/climate controls.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
It's probably in this thread somewhere, but it would be great to have a widget for android phones - have the main info from the app on display + maybe the lock/climate controls.
No reason not to have it for Apple phones too. Basically just a mirror of what's on the app on your phone. I'm not sure the "lock" would be that useful since you have a hard lock button in the car, and the range is already available too. But being able to turn on the climate even if you are leaving the car would definitely be useful.

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
Not sure if it has been reported yet but I would like to be able to fast-forward any playing music by holding the "Skip/Next" button...
And play/pause any music last/currently playing with the 'O' button.

The lack of useful active information within the tiles is pretty surprising.
Whoever decided that predicted SoC should not be on the maps tile in addition to ETA and DTT :rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dont know if this has already been mentioned before but it would be nice to have traffic info on the driver display map, not just the centre display.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Dont know if this has already been mentioned before but it would be nice to have traffic info on the driver display map, not just the centre display.
I'll double check, but pretty sure on mine, if the traffic is yellow-->red coded, it shows on the nav route of the driver display.
It doesn't show traffic info unless you have a navigation route set though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The centre google maps screen shows this all the time. Would be nice if the driver maps did the same. I know my way to work so don’t need directions but knowing if there are any problems on the road wood be good without having to dedicate the centre screen to maps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll double check, but pretty sure on mine, if the traffic is yellow-->red coded, it shows on the nav route of the driver display.
It doesn't show traffic info unless you have a navigation route set though.
Yep, that's how it works, which is an absolute shame, because even the Sensus navigation showed traffic in both the center stack and the cluster, and not just for the programmed route, but for the entire viewing area! This was helpful if you were trying to quickly gauge if another route had more or less traffic.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of always navigating to where I'm going whether I know the way or not. The amount and quality of information I get re: route, traffic, crashes, route options, and SoC at stops are valuable enough that I rarely go more than 10 miles without setting a destination and navigating. Drives my wife crazy also - bonus! 😝

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
101 Posts
I've gotten into the habit of always navigating to where I'm going whether I know the way or not.
Agreed - I do exact same. Takes a second to start the navigation especially if it's to a usual destination as they'll be your recent list. As soon as it suggests a different to normal route you can investigate further knowing there is an issue somewhere

·
Super Moderator
1,510 Posts
Takes a second to start the navigation especially if it's to a usual destination as they'll be your recent list.
More often than not, the destination is listed in the short list on the main screen already due to Google Assistant knowing your driving routines: work in the morning, home in the evening, airfield on weekends.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good point guys about always using navigate to. Think you can silence the spoken directions also.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Navigation is a lost art. To think before GPS I drove throughout Europe just having studied the maps (anyone remember those?) beforehand, and using my noggin and sense of direction. Does anyone have a sense of direction anymore? A compass in the car would be useful too.

Good point guys about always using navigate to. Think you can silence the spoken directions also.
If I couldn't silence the navigation lady I would NEVER use it. As it is, I always determine my own final route, and really only rely on navigation for the final few miles where I'm not familiar with the streets.

361 - 380 of 395 Posts