Polestar Forum banner
681 - 700 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
685 Posts
I believe the question about turning on the seat/steering wheel heating with pre-conditioning was asked in the last QA in regards to charging, and I believe Polestar answered that they were going to look into it. If I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
On the seat/steering wheel heating on pre-conditioning - with a climate timer they should just kick them on maybe one or two minutes before the scheduled time. Any earlier would just be a waste I think - they really do heat up pretty fast.

·
Administrator
1,941 Posts
On the seat/steering wheel heating on pre-conditioning - with a climate timer they should just kick them on maybe one or two minutes before the scheduled time. Any earlier would just be a waste I think - they really do heat up pretty fast.
They only pull ~100W each and contribute to heating the interior, so the heat would not be wasted. Maybe we could agree on 6-7mins as I tend to set my departure 5 mins late. 22°C is just too warm for me in the winter ;)

·
Registered
PS2 Snow, Pilot
7 Posts
I would like to see the media information on the dash. It can at least pop up when changing the track/station/source.

·
Administrator
1,941 Posts
The power off function is already there I assume you want it more easily accessible….
I assume he didn't know it is there and easily accessible as it isn't mentioned in the fine manual: Push and hold the play/pause button on the center console for 10s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A plus 'cool' pack option for hot climate countries please!

I'd happily pay for the upgraded weavetech seats, HK sound system, boot divider and alternate interior styles.

But the panoramic sunroof with no retractable shade is a nightmare for an Australian summer, I've got one with a shade in my ICE car and even with the best IR tinting added and the shade pulled shut it still cooks your head on a sunny day and shoots the car temperature up instantly when parked outdoors, it's a huge hit on the A/C power requirements.

Heated seats, nozzles and heatpumps are all cool, and super useful in large chunks of the world, but will never be used here so it's just a waste of resources sadly - I'd happily pay more for less on this one!

·
Registered
86 Posts
A plus 'cool' pack option for hot climate countries please!

I'd happily pay for the upgraded weavetech seats, HK sound system, boot divider and alternate interior styles.

But the panoramic sunroof with no retractable shade is a nightmare for an Australian summer, I've got one with a shade in my ICE car and even with the best IR tinting added and the shade pulled shut it still cooks your head on a sunny day and shoots the car temperature up instantly when parked outdoors, it's a huge hit on the A/C power requirements.

Heated seats, nozzles and heatpumps are all cool, and super useful in large chunks of the world, but will never be used here so it's just a waste of resources sadly - I'd happily pay more for less on this one!
I mostly agree with you dealing with the North Texas sun here. I was told by the first person I met driving a Polestar here that the Tint is so heavy and good that little heat was making it in to the cabin. Hopefully that was correct, but then I know people that like it really hot. I felt some heat coming through the other day, but the ambient temp was cool so I can't fully judge it yet. In the meantime I am hoping someone develops a roof shade like the have for Tesla's.

·
Registered
Potential DMLR non PP
5 Posts
Enable the USB C slots to play music stored on sticks or upload into the infortainment memory with an access app for playing. Realise you can Bluetooth phone or use web apps for music but we have a lot of no cell coverage spots where I live and drive so stored data access would be good.
Then to complement that, the track name or radio station written somewhere on the Infront dash board display would be nice too.

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
461 Posts
Enable the USB C slots to play music stored on sticks or upload into the infortainment memory with an access app for playing. Realise you can Bluetooth phone or use web apps for music but we have a lot of no cell coverage spots where I live and drive so stored data access would be good.
Then to complement that, the track name or radio station written somewhere on the Infront dash board display would be nice too.
Moleman has published an app called AudioWagon, which plays tracks from USB sticks. The reception in the forum has been very positive. Just search for it here.

Note that only one of the USB-C slots is wired for data transfer.

·
Registered
Potential DMLR non PP
5 Posts
Moleman has published an app called AudioWagon, which plays tracks from USB sticks. The reception in the forum has been very positive. Just search for it here.

Note that only one of the USB-C slots is wired for data transfer.
Oh excellent. Thanks for that. Another tick then.

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
I'll be damned. I know I've seen this and actually played with it in the past. Now I'm looking and can't find it. Maybe a sw update got rid of it? Someone with a better memory than me will have to chime in 😆
Nah, that's the problem. They -never- exposed this in the settings.

The original setting was far too aggressive and they 'fixed' it by more or less completely disabling it instead of making it user adjustable.

·
Registered
On Order MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
27 Posts
I have never had an extendable visor in any of my cars.
Neither my wife’s nor my BMWs have extendable visors, actually looking back, the only car we’ve ever had with one was a cheap Kia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Neither my wife’s nor my BMWs have extendable visors, actually looking back, the only car we’ve ever had with one was a cheap Kia.
It's not only on "cheap" cars. We had them on our Audis and our BMW and Mercedes. The cheap ones are the ones where a plastic element slides out of it. Most cars, the whole visor unit itself slides along the rod. It's not hard to do.

681 - 700 of 701 Posts