Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
really? well, I am discovering this then. Will check the manual in more details :)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Midnight non-PP
7 Posts
I found Homelink didn't work with my garage door, but for £30 bought an opener that works nicely with Google Assistant - don't even have to take my hands off the steering wheel to open the garage door :)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I found Homelink didn't work with my garage door, but for £30 bought an opener that works nicely with Google Assistant - don't even have to take my hands off the steering wheel to open the garage door :)
Details?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think most electrically operated garage doors can be connected up with a smart home door opener. I bought one of these: Meross Smart Garage Door Opener , which has a long list of garage door openers it's certified to work with.

The instructions to connect it to your Wifi, to your garage door and to the Google Home app are pretty simple. Things to remember are to connect it to the same Google account as you use in your Polestar (Google Home will let you share the device with the Google accounts that the other drivers of your car use) and to set a PIN number to open the door (Google won't operate the door unless a PIN is needed).

Then, from your car (or from your phone) when you say 'Hey Google, open the garage door', you'll be prompted to say the PIN. I found that Google is slightly fussy with how the PIN is said. So, if your PIN is 1234, you'd say 'twelve - thirty four'. Works nicely though - if anything, Google Assistant seems slightly more reliable in my Polestar than from my Google Pixel phone.

·
Registered
247 Posts
What about a reminder that your phone is on the inductive charger?
I have lost count of how many times I’ve left the phone in the car.
My wife’s audi announces “your phone is still in the car” if you leave it on the charging pad when you get out.
Particularly useful once phone as key is active.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Cool! I bet the Homelink button will work in the Polestar, but this would be worth $40 just because it's cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 10 points of optimization:

• Adding a phone list option to scroll through with missed and placed calls.
  • An easy way to filter only by fast charge points and show them permanently on the map.
  • Operating, scrolling and entering the main console via the buttons on the steering wheel.
  • 40/60 folding seats controllable from the trunk
  • Limit the size of the blind spot by the rear-view mirror
  • Only to unlock the charging cable via the app or key. No longer via the push button in the tail lift
  • Clearer markings on the steering wheel buttons
  • Cameras with higher resolution.
  • Better shielding of the cameras, they quickly become dirty, making visibility poor
  • Mud flaps at the rear wheel arches. The side of the car quickly becomes dirty due to mud splashing

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Do we have the use of front and rear 360° cams as dashcams yet? Not ideal, but better than nothing and free.
Nope, and even you could there is not storage expansion to save them on. Sorry this is not happening as a software update. However I've added as a feature for 2.1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nope, and even you could there is not storage expansion to save them on. Sorry this is not happening as a software update. However I've added as a feature for 2.1
Couldn't the 'dashcam' footage just be uploaded to a cloud service? (Google Drive etc)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Couldn't the 'dashcam' footage just be uploaded to a cloud service? (Google Drive etc)
No idea ... but many of us have asked Polestar and they have exclusively said that the cameras cannot be used as a Dashcam (or Sentry mode), they were designed for parking only.

It's been added to future models ... I can put on the "OTA" update but if they can do it I'd assume they would as it's a highly requested feature.

·
Registered
274 Posts
No storage? There are several gigs available on the tablet. Especially, as you only need to store the last 60secs in a buffer. This buffer only needs to be saved when an impact is detected or when you manually request it, e.g. through a soft button which is shown if you hit the camrea button while driving.
As the video feed is displayed on the tablet where the storage is, I can see no reason why this could not be done in software.

·
Registered
247 Posts
No storage? There are several gigs available on the tablet. Especially, as you only need to store the last 60secs in a buffer. This buffer only needs to be saved when an impact is detected or when you manually request it, e.g. through a soft button which is shown if you hit the camrea button while driving.
As the video feed is displayed on the tablet where the storage is, I can see no reason why this could not be done in software.
I completely agree. The low position of the camera wouldn't be ideal but it'd be better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
So when you have filled the tablet with apps then you can't save the video, how upset would you be? Or what if you couldn't install the apps you wanted because it had to keep X amount free for storage. Finally ... we don't know the spec's of the inbuilt memory ... it might be to slow to record live images.

Even the mighty Tesla doesn't allow footage to be stored on the inbuilt system, and you must have a extra storage attached.

Look, I'd like the feature too ... I've emailed and asked Polestar in two different ways, as have others ... they have said no and never.

I don't know the reasons 100% ... I'm just relaying the info ;)

61 - 80 of 161 Posts