·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Well, seeing as you ask so nicely... :)

Reactions: Thexps

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can show the kWh/100 on the driver's display as either the TM or TA. This then shows up on the right side of the bottom middle display, the odometer is on the left side.
You can choose between various things with the kWh being one of them. Mine was I think delivered with nothing checked so it wasn't obvious. Done through the central screen.
Unfortunately I cannot show it as my car is still with Volvo.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
My suggestions
  • A rear wiper
  • A remote button to open the front boot
  • Separate brightness controls for the tablet and driver display
1. I'll add it, but it adds the to the drag efficiency. Also I drove it today in heavy rain and it was clear after the drive.

2. Won't happen in the EU (for now) . The impact protection is really heavy in the EU, and if they add an electronic froot, then they won't meet current EU laws on impact protection. Hence why Jag, Merc, Audi, and Porsche have mechanical openers.
Maybe in years to come they will be able to find away around the issue.

3. Added. Good one! Also I'm going to add always having goggle maps in dark mode.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The BMW double pull system is better than groping around under the bonnet for the catch. I wonder if it's patented or something - has anyone seen this on any other cars?

For those that don't know, BMW, for years (as long as I can remember anyway), you pull the handle once and it releases the main catches, then you pull it a second time to release the safety.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm hoping it's a 'bug' rather than a 'feature request' but to allow G Suite logins.

I have been a paying G Suite user for years and everything Google related is linked to that (i.e. purchased apps, music subscriptions, maps preferences) and don't know what I'll do if I can't bring that into the car. Google have told me I have no ability to 'downgrade' my account back to a free/personal one so I'm basically out of luck unless they start supporting G Suite logins.

I can use Android Auto just fine...so why should Android Automotive be any different?!
THIS. I have had to create a new gmail account and change my Spotify to this too - works fine, but excludes the years a Google Maps info I have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Being new to EV and having my P2 for 2 weeks now, I am discovering the task it is to get out the cable from out the trunk (or frunk) and to put it back with all the rain and dirt that got onto it...so far a task that I did not enjoy so much!
Then I was wondering about a solution: a cable reel under the trunk or somewhere where you could just pull it in and out. It seems to me that like 80% of the charges are done via home chargers or public chargers but anyway using our own cable. Just a thought that this could be handy as an option to cover 80% of the needs (then you would still have the plug for tethered chargers or others).
Any reasons why no EV propose this?

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Most people have tethered cables at home for exactly this reason. Also if they had a built in cable reel, would it be for the inadequate cable they included or would it be a general reel for you to use with any cable?
I see where you're coming from but I think really it comes from the choice of going for untethered at home.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Most people have tethered cables at home for exactly this reason. Also if they had a built in cable reel, would it be for the inadequate cable they included or would it be a general reel for you to use with any cable?
I see where you're coming from but I think really it comes from the choice of going for untethered at home.
Yep, I've gone untethered at home, purely because I didn't want 7 metres of cable being there all the time and my normal parking will put the charge point about 2 metres away from the point. I'll put an old towel into the fruit along with the cable to clean it and that will do the trick for me.

Having the untethered for me also means less to go wrong with the charger, but I guess the connection point is then the point of failure. Swings & roundabouts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I do not have a charger at home since I do not have a parking :)
I am part of those new EV owner that made the jump because there are now plenty of public chargers available (I live downtown Brussels). Because of this, I use my charging cable which is not handy if you have to do it many times a week. I would think that it would be super cool to just pull out the cable from the car directly from the handle and it would just unroll until you plug it to the charge. Once done, you would just let it roll back in the car. No dirt on you, no cleaning needed and no trunk/frunk to open and close.

Maybe I am too lazy but many evolution came from human being lazy ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Zappi is pretty good with the tethered cable as the cable just winds around the charger and is 6-7m long which is great.
Polestar 2.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, I do not have a charger at home since I do not have a parking :)
I am part of those new EV owner that made the jump because there are now plenty of public chargers available (I live downtown Brussels). Because of this, I use my charging cable which is not handy if you have to do it many times a week. I would think that it would be super cool to just pull out the cable from the car directly from the handle and it would just unroll until you plug it to the charge. Once done, you would just let it roll back in the car. No dirt on you, no cleaning needed and no trunk/frunk to open and close.

Maybe I am too lazy but many evolution came from human being lazy ;)
Just think where all that dirt on the cable would be going though... Into the winding mechanism and suddenly the roof falls off (if in a Tesla)

·
Registered
122 Posts
you can easily imagine that the cable gets clean up during to roll-in process...it seems something that can be manage with a good engineering team.

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
45 Posts
I’ve never seen stats on ratios of tethered vs non tethered domestic installations but I do frequently see posts from people facing having to have a completely new charger because they have a type 1 charger (though some chargers can have new cables fitted) so there are certainly downsides to tethered chargers.
Personally I like the flexibility and neatness of an untethered charger. It’s not helped by polestar supplying a cable unsuitable for the UK market (even Renault supply a 3 phase 32A cable). This is my 3rd electric car, the first used a type 1 cable. Each one has had the charge flap in a different place necessitating different lengths of cable. If I’d had a tethered charger I could potentially have changed the tethered cable 3 times!

81 - 100 of 133 Posts