Polestar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

After 10 days of isolation at home, I again managed to get out in my new baby today!

However I have realised I want to ask about things that I can't immediately see answered in the manual. If you know the answers I'd be grateful for minimal mickey-taking and some pointers!
  1. With my old car I got to know the sound the alarm makes, and I knew whether to come running or not. I'd like to know what the PS2 alarm sounds like... seriously, what's a non-damaging way to hear the alarm?
  2. There appear to be some buttons on the underside of the rear view mirror... what do they do?
  3. Three times today when I got into the car the front demist seemed to come on automatically... Is that a feature? It was pretty cold outside!
  4. Any recommendations for an effective but safe ice scraper and/or squeegee
Thanks all...

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
answered out of order

#2 HomeLink (garage door openers, etc): Pure progressive performance | Polestar

#3 Yes - you can set what comes on by default or not in the HVAC settings. Hit the fan icon and go to Settings and go from there.

#4 I got a couple of cheap ones off Amazon and the squeegee at least works. Haven't had to test the ice scraper yet. I literally just bought the cheapest "Amazon's Choice" for my area when searching.

#1 Break into someone else's car and run

·
Registered
850 Posts
Please don't pick mine for @polerad's suggestion for #1. And #2 works just like most other cars for controlling garage door openers, etc. I was even able to pair each with my secure (Chamberlain) garage door openers - I just had to climb a ladder to push the purple button on the opener to set it. It amazingly worked exactly the way the manual said it would! #3 and 4: Mine is garaged so I hope to never scrape ice, and I haven't played with the demist/defog options yet - haven't needed to so far.

Glad to hear you've been able to get out and about - I'm finding all sorts of excuses to drive. We played Santa today and dropped off presents at friends/family's houses that would normally have been at our house Christmas day. We would drop on the porch, knock, and retreat to a safe distance and wish Merry Christmas in a responsible fashion. Masks and hand sanitizer, wipes and such. I'll be glad when we can go back to some semblance of normal. Oh, and I have the kick to open down finally now. Works every time. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Alarm is distinctive, it alternates every couple of seconds between a siren and honking the horn.

If you want to set it off, unlock the passenger door with the emergency key.

4 - use the preconditioning. You'll never need a scraper again.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Preconditioning is fine if it's easy to nip out of the front door, hop in, fiddle through the menus, then get out again, lock the car and go back inside - in other words it's a faff, frankly, until the remote activation through the app comes (or unless you're using the timed preconditioning for regular work hours of course).

I found that actually it clears very quickly if you simply go and sit in the car for 5 minutes before you travel and then use a squeegee to wipe off the thawing ice. Key is to get a rubber blade squeegee - never get a plastic or pretend rubber blade cheap one for use in shower cubicles as they are likely to scratch the paint if you make accidental contact!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, and sorry I missed those bits in the manual!

@Mick... don't worry, I won't be crossing the Atlantic to visit!

I'll have a look for a cheap Amazon rubber squeegee as suggested, and also look forward to app-based preconditioning.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2, PP, Thunder/Slate, Vin: 06XXX
11 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has a recording of the alarm. I think mine might be going off a lot, I’ve noticed a new alarm ever since bringing it home, but I could just be paranoid. Either way, every time I’ve heard it, I’ve not been able to get outside to see if it’s my car going off before the alarm stops. The alarm I’ve been hearing is more of a siren, there’s no honking, so I’m thinking it may not be my polestar.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Doesn't the car show on the dashboard once you (legitimately) enter the car that the alarm's been triggered since you last drove it? Seems a bit of an oversight if it doesn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts