Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really petty opinion here but it's just something I wasn't expecting.

Two points of any car I've had that I always thought gave a feeling of premium and good quality was a) the sound the doors closing made and b) the sound the locks made when locking and unlocking.

Both expected to be a thick thud and locking to be as quiet as possible. I must admit the first time I locked the car I stopped in my tracks, unlocked and relocked to double check it was my car that made that noise.

Very thin and echoey. Door closing is as expected but WOW is the locking noise just a volvo thing? And does anyone else even give a s**t?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Hello
I haven't noticed the locking sound (too busy looking at the lights), but I do like the sound of the windows as they fully close at about half speed. gerstumfk is the sound it makes to me

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Didn't notice the tone of the lock, but I do like it's loud! You can really hear the initial click and then the secondary click a few seconds later when it also folds the mirrors in and turns of the car.

Reactions: Macbrief

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I believe that Volvos have what is essentially a dual locking mechanism. It prevents the doors from easily popping open in a collision.

As for door closing sounds I agree. My ex has a Honda and when you close the doors it sounds like a tin can 🤮

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had noticed the closing of the door and agree. But I like the load locking noise ita a positive reenforcemebt that it has actually locked. Like Dave I also look for the lights and try and choose a good vantage point so the fact I can see the lights and hear the lock ilat the same time keeps me content.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Two points of any car I've had that I always thought gave a feeling of premium and good quality was a) the sound the doors closing made and b) the sound the locks made when locking and unlocking.
Since I don't have a car I can't weigh in. But I will say that one of my favorite things about my 1987 Saab 900 was the sounds the doors made when you closed them. That thing was a tank. I ran across one last year, and was able to have a go at closing the door. The sound instantly brought me back 30 years.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Really petty opinion here but it's just something I wasn't expecting.

Just to be clear, there are two sounds that the P*2 door locks make: (1) the actual physical solenoid locking mechanism (the thunk) and (2) the electronic beeping noise. The beeping noise can be turned on or off using settings on the screen. I imagine everyone knows this, but just to be clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts