Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*I love the mystique of my car. Cold Thunder grey, black interior. How hard do you think it would be to remove the logos front & back? I've already removed the stickers & want to debadge it more. I've always loved the idea of no name, no brand, no logo.
*This is a safe place for me to speak like this. I am conscious of sounding right up my own arse in the real world!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hmm... Dave. Chinese White Grey Product ? One step too far for me. I like it as it is. I agree on the cold thunder though.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Dave, all depends if they are just glued on or glued and screwed/Riveted.

You'll need some floss for cleaning teeth and a heat gun. Lots of videos on YouTube. Good Luck!

·
Registered
764 Posts
You can't just declare this a safe space and expect it to be so.....

What are you thinking man? The logo looks great and as discussed before, almost nobody knows what it is anyway....citroen maybe?

Anyhoo, I should think its just stuck on with double sided tape as with most car badges and model identifiers.

I'd recommend a cold chisel and a 1kg lump hammer, it should pop off quite easily. The sticky residue should be easily removed by first a laying a piece of brake fluid soaked paper on the area for half an hour to soak it, then gently remove with a needle scaler.

·
Registered
772 Posts
How hard do you think it would be to remove the logos front & back? I've already removed the stickers & want to debadge it more.
My car (Thunder like yours) is going in this weekend for PPF film on the front, mirrors, inside the door handles, and a strip along the tailgate, and then ceramic coating. The detailer is going to remove the Polestar badge on the front before putting down the film, and then will reapply the badge on top of the film. He said the badges are just held in place with 3M tape and are easy to remove. If you want, I can try to get them to take a picture with the badge removed (before they put it back on) so you can see what it looks like.

Having said that, while I do indeed like the look of a de-badged car (and I will be taking off my stickers) I like the subtle Polestar badges and want to have them on the car.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car (Thunder like yours) is going in this weekend - I can try to get them to take a picture with the badge removed (before they put it back on) so you can see what it looks like.
Very much yes please. Front & back.
Been watching too many vids about sleeper cars lately. Old Volvo sleepers rule

·
Registered
772 Posts
Very much yes please. Front & back.
Been watching too many vids about sleeper cars lately. Old Volvo sleepers rule
I'm not getting film on the back (except for the tailgate) so that will not get removed. I'll see if they will snap some pictures with the badge removed. No guarantees but we'll see!

Another thing is someone can photoshop a picture of your car to get a feel for it. Any takers?

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
If the logo is on there with double-sided tape, a good technique is to use dental floss. You can get it in behind the logo and, keeping a bit of pressure away from the car as you do so, use a sawing motion with the dental floss to cut through the tape.

'Not sure this will work for the Volvo, but I used it to debadge my BMW and it worked great.

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the logo is on there with double-sided tape, a good technique is to use dental floss. You can get it in behind the logo and, keeping a bit of pressure away from the car as you do so, use a sawing motion with the dental floss to cut through the tape.

'Not sure this will work for the Volvo, but I used it to debadge my BMW and it worked great.
Brits and dental floss...what is the world coming too.....

Screenshot_20201221-135558_Chrome.jpg

LOL similar ties to the Florida man earlier today.

I actually like the badge, subtle enough for me to leave in place

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
I feel like the badge adds to the mystery. Without the badge you can make up in your head it's a debadged usual car, which would probably lead to assuming a Volvo given the headlights and overall boxiness/sharp edges.

But with the logo, you know it's something else that's different. Can't just assume it's a Volvo.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I must admit, the fact that no one else will be removing the badges makes me want to do it so much more. I think I will wait until spring when I book my car in for a big valet.
The lit logo on the glass roof is subtle enough to remain. I think that will just leave the reg plates & discs in the centre of the wheels to be replaced, then the exterior will be done.
I’m thinking green discs, just to remind everyone I’m eco-friendly as I waste electricity flooring it every chance I get

No copying!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
. . . and those registration holes you need to deal with.

Notwithstanding the challenge, logo free can be very cool.

Just tell your detailer you want "the Brazilian wax"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts