Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those Polestar 2 owners in the greater Los Angeles, CA area, what has your experience with Polestar service been like? Have you been happy with the customer service? How is their communication? Have you been offered a loaner if needed?

I ask because my wife and I plan on test driving a Polestar 2 this weekend and will likely buy one. I was curious to know what people think of service in this area.

Thank you,
joebruin77

· Registered
19 Posts
Galpin is the delivery point for Polestar. I have had my car since January. Yes there have been a few issue but they have taken good care of me. You will love how the car drives. I have taken in on three long trips and I had no issues with finding charging stations.

· Registered
2022 Polestar 2 LRDM / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus, Pilot, & Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
180 Posts
I have had my Polestar since May and the experience at the Galpin Polestar Space has been phenomenal. On the sales side, Luis was my rep and Reza Fatemi is the location manager. Both are very professional and highly knowledgeable. On the service side, my car was bricked with an update. This ended up taking two weeks to fix with a great result. Hovick Kirakosian was my service advisor and kept me informed during every step of the process. I was fortunate to have had a Polestar loaner during that time. I absolute love my P2. Very much looking forward to the cars to come: P3, Precept, and beyond. Good luck and I hope you join the family.

· Registered
17 Posts
For the LA people, I'm curious how far out is appointment availability at this time?

I had called this previous week and spoke with someone on the phone who said Galpin had discontinued the at home pick-up and delivery for Polestar vehicles.

I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, or if I just need to keep calling back in case I got a newer employee who wasn't aware of the Polestar service model?

· Registered
1 Posts
My experience with them has been nothing short of amazing. My TCAM failed a week after picking up the car which was frustrating to say the least. It’s such a disconcerting thing to have happen, especially on a brand new car. To make matters worse, I bought the car at Galpin Polestar Los Angeles and I live in San Diego. The Polestar in Orange County lies between me and the LA service center in Van Nuys. That is where roadside assistance was going to bring the car. That would have been ok except that the Orange County location could not look at the car for a month. Tommy Hall in LA worked with Polestar and ultimately transported my car via flatbed all the way back to LA for service, repaired the issue, and had my car back within the week. It was picked up and dropped off right at my doorstep. During that time while they were repairing my car, they had a VW Passat from Enterprise delivered to me. I didn’t spend a penny on any of it, including gas for the rental car. I was truly ready to dump the car and terminate my lease early. Polestar financial had the paperwork ready to do the early termination. After talking to Tommy Hall in service, as well as Reza and Andrea from the LA space, and Polestar CS, I decided to keep the car. Knock on wood it has been trouble free and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. The turning point was the outstanding service Galpin provided. Even when/if the San Diego location opens, I may still drive to LA for regular service.

· Registered
158 Posts
My experience with them has been nothing short of amazing. My TCAM failed a week after picking up the car which was frustrating to say the least. It’s such a disconcerting thing to have happen, especially on a brand new car. To make matters worse, I bought the car at Galpin Polestar Los Angeles and I live in San Diego. The Polestar in Orange County lies between me and the LA service center in Van Nuys. That is where roadside assistance was going to bring the car. That would have been ok except that the Orange County location could not look at the car for a month. Tommy Hall in LA worked with Polestar and ultimately transported my car via flatbed all the way back to LA for service, repaired the issue, and had my car back within the week. It was picked up and dropped off right at my doorstep. During that time while they were repairing my car, they had a VW Passat from Enterprise delivered to me. I didn’t spend a penny on any of it, including gas for the rental car. I was truly ready to dump the car and terminate my lease early. Polestar financial had the paperwork ready to do the early termination. After talking to Tommy Hall in service, as well as Reza and Andrea from the LA space, and Polestar CS, I decided to keep the car. Knock on wood it has been trouble free and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. The turning point was the outstanding service Galpin provided. Even when/if the San Diego location opens, I may still drive to LA for regular service.
The San Diego location will open, Volvo Polestar in Mission Viejo is great too.
To the OP the lack of service centers is the main reason to avoid Polestar and the other brands without a large dealer network.
Polestar needs to train and allow their existing Volvo dealer network to service these cars immediately before they ruin their reputation with repair delays.

· Registered
11 Posts
I took my car in to Galpin yesterday for a TCAM issue. I had to make the appointment 8 weeks ago. Yesterday they told me they didn’t know how long it would take as there is only one Polestar technician and they are backed up. They gave me a ford Fusion as a loaner. They were nice enough. I guess ultimately you have to expect this level of service from a brand new car company. I hope they don’t go bankrupt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts