Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that if I am using Google Maps to navigate to a destination I will lose GPS signal. This happens when:

• Destination has been set and Google maps is navigating
  • Google maps has been navigating for more than 30 mins
  • On the infotainment screen, Google Maps is not on the main screen, but screen is on the home screen with the 4 tiles

So far I have not noticed GPS signal lost if Google Maps is full screen on the infotainment screen.

Is this just a coincidence that I haven't lost GPS signal when Google Maps is in full screen?

· Registered
MY22, Magnesium, Plus Dual Motor
8 Posts
I notice that if I am using Google Maps to navigate to a destination I will lose GPS signal. This happens when:

• Destination has been set and Google maps is navigating
  • Google maps has been navigating for more than 30 mins
  • On the infotainment screen, Google Maps is not on the main screen, but screen is on the home screen with the 4 tiles

So far I have not noticed GPS signal lost if Google Maps is full screen on the infotainment screen.

Is this just a coincidence that I haven't lost GPS signal when Google Maps is in full screen?
Happens to me all the time. My remedy was to download the maps for my city, now it doesn't happen as much. I also recently updated to 2.5.2 so that could also have a part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts