Polestar Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You will be wasting time with emailing to MTO (especially when Polestar just told me last week, that the problem still continues and MTO is aware of it), even if you do get a reply, it doesn’t do anything for me as far as actual registration working… the rebate page has nothing to do with it.

The clerk at Service Ontario, punches your VIN # and the screen says it does not qualify for green plate. It’s between Polestar and MTO. It has all started back in Feb/Mar when the problem with VIN decoding on LRSM was discovered the first time. You could not even get a quote from an insurance company, as they would tell you the the VIN comes up as invalid. Somehow insurance link is now fixed, I can get a quote no problem, but MTO still doesn’t qualify the car as a green plate car …. I am sure a Polestar has somehow thought it would have been fixed by now, but their compliance person must have not followed through. I am sure it’s MTO fault rather than Polestar’s, but Polestar sells me their vehicle, not MTO…..

·
Registered
419 Posts
You will be wasting time with emailing to MTO (especially when Polestar just told me last week, that the problem still continues and MTO is aware of it), even if you do get a reply, it doesn’t do anything for me as far as actual registration working… the rebate page has nothing to do with it.

The clerk at Service Ontario, punches your VIN # and the screen says it does not qualify for green plate. It’s between Polestar and MTO. It has all started back in Feb/Mar when the problem with VIN decoding on LRSM was discovered the first time. You could not even get a quote from an insurance company, as they would tell you the the VIN comes up as invalid. Somehow insurance link is now fixed, I can get a quote no problem, but MTO still doesn’t qualify the car as a green plate car …. I am sure a Polestar has somehow thought it would have been fixed by now, but their compliance person must have not followed through. I am sure it’s MTO fault rather than Polestar’s, but Polestar sells me their vehicle, not MTO…..
Fight the good fight for the benefit of all LRSM owners!!! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
No problem … 😀 … I did make a decision though that I will not be taking a possession until they are able to deliver the car with green plate or at the very least provide me a letter on Poelstar or MTO letterhead that the vehicle is fully compliant BEV according to federal/provincial laws, and due to software glitch in MTO database the car does not carry a blue plate … I also will want a discount for the trouble and extra time me having to correct it on my own later on. I really have better things to do than keep checking with MTO periodically and finally pay for my extra green plate. It’s peanuts yeah, but it’s the principal which stinks to high heaven….

The ball is really in their court, I will not be calling them a chasing them again. I am done with that and tired of it. If they care about their customers they will make it right, if they don’t, oh well, there will always be another car to buy from someone who does.

·
Registered
83 Posts
No problem … 😀 … I did make a decision though that I will not be taking a possession until they are able to deliver the car with green plate or at the very least provide me a letter on Poelstar or MTO letterhead that the vehicle is fully compliant BEV according to federal/provincial laws, and due to software glitch in MTO database the car does not carry a blue plate … I also will want a discount for the trouble and extra time me having to correct it on my own later on. I really have better things to do than keep checking with MTO periodically and finally pay for my extra green plate. It’s peanuts yeah, but it’s the principal which stinks to high heaven….

The ball is really in their court, I will not be calling them a chasing them again. I am done with that and tired of it. If they care about their customers they will make it right, if they don’t, oh well, there will always be another car to buy from someone who does.
Interesting approach. Did you sign the final paperwork? If so, I believe you are legally bound to take possession when the car is ready to be delivered else lose your deposit. Will be very interested to hear how this turns out, best of luck we’re all rooting for you!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I expect a massive paper work hell for Polestar when it does become compliant. They basically said they would take care of it when it does get approved. I would NOT have to get the plates, they would do the work.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Interesting approach. Did you sign the final paperwork? If so, I believe you are legally bound to take possession when the car is ready to be delivered else lose your deposit. Will be very interested to hear how this turns out, best of luck we’re all rooting for you!
The only thing I have done so far was to sign a credit app and, and approve a bill of sale. Nothing else … there is a zero chance they will hold my down payment …. Sure they can try all day long, but I don’t think they really want to open this can of worms. I am bound to take possession of my car with properly registered green plates in the time range somewhat resembling their original promise(s) … they have literally nothing on their side … even if I did sign formerly a purchase agreement. Think about it, I have been chasing them now for good month and half … it’s not me who is delaying the damn thing.

I hope they fix it fast … I really do. But I have stuff scheduled up the calendar, vacation etc etc … so I will not be changing my plans drastically, because of them and problems on their end.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I expect a massive paper work hell for Polestar when it does become compliant. They basically said they would take care of it when it does get approved. I would NOT have to get the plates, they would do the work.
And honestly, based on everything you have known about them so far, you think it will happen?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Conflict resolution always requires a skilled hand. Coddling, stepping back, allowing the other party to save face, and sometimes you have to smack them on the head.

Which ever method works to let them know it's a serious issue to not have a green plate when it severely impacts your time/life.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I was more referring to the fact that even when it finally is fixed one day that you will not have to go to MTO to re-register by yourself … you have it in writing someplace? Because by the time it’s done, it very well be might again different people at the Space ….

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was more referring to the fact that even when it finally is fixed one day that you will not have to go to MTO to re-register by yourself … you have it in writing someplace? Because by the time it’s done, it very well be might again different people at the Space ….
I agree, they most likely will be M.I.A.

·
Registered
419 Posts
A little birdie has said this issue may be solving itself soon. 🤞

just in time for golf season where I have to rush to the course during rush hour.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I read on Reddit that it’s been resolved, but haven’t confirmed myself.
Lined up and 1.5 hours later plus $32 I can officially put my plates from the last EV on.

polestar spaces said they would reimburse me.

Motor vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Rectangle Font

21 - 37 of 37 Posts