Polestar Forum banner

Lucid Air

10K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Aggie57 
#1 ·
It's as amazing as it's been hyped. And for $170K I guess it should be. All the complaining about the P2 not being/having this, that, or the other is resolved when you think about what that much can buy in an EV. $60-70K is cheap by comparison.

#6 ·
The "affordable" Lucid is around $90k (there is a cheaper model) and still stupid awesome (at least on their website, which you should definitely go to and build a Lucid; the site is very interactive). I like the 'clam shell-esque' trunk and how one of the screens hides.

I do think it's interesting that the Saudi government is a majority holder of the company (30% I think?). But my car is Chinese made and owned, so........... I really don't care, quite frankly where my car is made or who makes it, as long as it's a good vehicle.

#11 ·
The battery & performance sounds incredible.
But does anyone here desire that range & all the extra power?
The styling isn’t for me. I thought I hated logos, but this is way worse in my eyes-

Good luck to them. Especially if they manage to churn out trouble free cars with responsive CS.

#14 ·
Wasn't Lucid started by one of the original designers of the Model S? I'm hoping he learned some hard lessons at Tesla first so that Lucid doesn't have those issues, especially for production, which will be the real challenge for them and any new EV. Say what you will about Musk, but he was right when he said that designing a car well is easy, but manufacturing one well is much harder.

#16 ·
You really can't compare it to the Polestar 2, they are in two different market segments.
The P2 is a mid-sized sedan while the Lucid Air is a full-sized limousine like an S-class or a BMW 7 series.
The Polestar Precept will be the full-sized sedan, and I would go for it rather than the Lucid Air.
The Lucid Air was actually unveiled in December 2016, so you basically pay $160k for a 5-6 year old design.

#17 ·
You really can't compare it to the Polestar 2, they are in two different market segments.
The P2 is a mid-sized sedan while the Lucid Air is a full-sized limousine like an S-class or a BMW 7 series.
The Polestar Precept will be the full-sized sedan, and I would go for it rather than the Lucid Air.
The Lucid Air was actually unveiled in December 2016, so you basically pay $160k for a 5-6 year old design.
The Lucid competes with the TMS and the EQS.

They announced their intentions and concept 5 years ago, but there is nothing 5 years old about it. In the car business if you can bring an entirely new model to market in 5 years, that's great.

#18 ·
Spotted one yesterday, driving on Cole Mill Road around the Durham/Orange County line, North Carolina a little before 1 pm. I did the whole, "Is that a Lucid?..can't be...well dang...it is!" In my head. :ROFLMAO:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.