Polestar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After weeks of watching videos, reading up and of course reading threads on here, I’m happy that the P2 is the right car to go for...However.... am I crazy to order this without ever seeing one in person, let alone driving it!?? Probably, but unless I want to wait until at least mid 2021, I don’t have much choice as I cannot test drive one any time soon.

My choice is Magnesium, 20” with Slate interior. No PP because I cannot afford it.

I’m going with a salary sacrifice lease through TuskerCars.com at £593/m so happy that’s a good price given the value of the car, there is no deposit and everything is included. I’ve estimated true monthly cost to be £640/m including electricity (hopefully lower).

I currently drive a 2015 A6 Allroad BiTDI which I worked out to be costing me £650/m. Bearing in mind the cost of this car was half of the P2. In March I will need to start paying for a warranty and a new job could result in more miles, so that cost was only ever going up.

I’m ultimately putting a lot of faith in the online reviews (which on the whole have been excellent) and of course you guys who already own one.

I wish I could kindly ask one of you guys to spare some time in repayment of a full charge so I could see one, but that’s not an option either! So it’s a risk, but oneI feel worth taking.

So next on the list is to choose a wall charger and start researching the best Electricity supplier!

I’ll keep this thread updated with the progress. Thanks for everyone’s helpful, informative posts on here.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Hi all,

After weeks of watching videos, reading up and of course reading threads on here, I’m happy that the P2 is the right car to go for...However.... am I crazy to order this without ever seeing one in person, let alone driving it!?? Probably, but unless I want to wait until at least mid 2021, I don’t have much choice as I cannot test drive one any time soon.

My choice is Magnesium, 20” with Slate interior. No PP because I cannot afford it.

I’m going with a salary sacrifice lease through TuskerCars.com at £593/m so happy that’s a good price given the value of the car, there is no deposit and everything is included. I’ve estimated true monthly cost to be £640/m including electricity (hopefully lower).

I currently drive a 2015 A6 Allroad BiTDI which I worked out to be costing me £650/m. Bearing in mind the cost of this car was half of the P2. In March I will need to start paying for a warranty and a new job could result in more miles, so that cost was only ever going up.

I’m ultimately putting a lot of faith in the online reviews (which on the whole have been excellent) and of course you guys who already own one.

I wish I could kindly ask one of you guys to spare some time in repayment of a full charge so I could see one, but that’s not an option either! So it’s a risk, but oneI feel worth taking.

So next on the list is to choose a wall charger and start researching the best Electricity supplier!

I’ll keep this thread updated with the progress. Thanks for everyone’s helpful, informative posts on here.
Mine is currently at Volvo Wolverhampton for the recall work. Chances are it will be there all weekend. You could ask their service dept if it's ok to take a look. Same goes for @Musketeer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is currently at Volvo Wolverhampton for the recall work. Chances are it will be there all weekend. You could ask their service dept if it's ok to take a look. Same goes for @Musketeer
Thanks Dave, very good of you to offer 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Now, now, Dave. It doesn't take that long to clean the dishes, sort the laundry, do the vacuuming, and put away the garden tools. That and a few pecks on the cheek, and she'll let you out for a drive, I'm sure.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Now, now, Dave. It doesn't take that long to clean the dishes, sort the laundry, do the vacuuming, and put away the garden tools. That and a few pecks on the cheek, and she'll let you out for a drive, I'm sure.
Chill out Prof. It’s not my fault you may not get your car before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Chill out Prof. It’s not my fault you may not get your car before Christmas.
Ouch!

(But I already cleaned the kitchen, etc... So when the car comes, I have permission. And I've been saving up my allowance, too. So there!)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Jim ! If you put up a post in the general Polestar 2 forum, there's a pretty good chance that (COVID restrictions aside) someone living relatively nearby would happily let you look at their car. We're a friendly bunch on here and any excuse to go for a drive and show off the new car seems to be the way :).

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
What part of the country are you in, @Jim ?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I don't have my car yet but when I do (sometime in December hopefully), you're very welcome, restrictions allowing of course...

Reactions: Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jim - just wanted to drop a reply here as I've recently taken delivery of the Magnesium 20" Slate too (pics attached). The colour looks amazing in person (lots of great comments about it) and I love the look of the 20" with it. Ride is firm with those 20's for sure but it didn't feel a massive difference from the Jag XE I've just come from.

A few teething issues as detailed elsewhere in the forum but overall really happy with it and feel like I made the best choices with the colour and wheels (for me at least!). Just be prepared for lots of questions every time you get out the car! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Jim - just wanted to drop a reply here as I've recently taken delivery of the Magnesium 20" Slate too (pics attached). The colour looks amazing in person (lots of great comments about it) and I love the look of the 20" with it. Ride is firm with those 20's for sure but it didn't feel a massive difference from the Jag XE I've just come from.

A few teething issues as detailed elsewhere in the forum but overall really happy with it and feel like I made the best choices with the colour and wheels (for me at least!). Just be prepared for lots of questions every time you get out the car! ;)

View attachment 2107 View attachment 2108 View attachment 2109
Wow! Seeing that has just got me excited like a kid at crimbo. Looks a beaut! Thanks very much for putting the pics up... not near to Stafford are you? 🤣

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That's my config too -- very good choice. Who knows, if they never get around to delivering mine maybe they'll ship it over the pond for you 😆 😆 😆

·
Registered
3 Posts
Afraid not - Reading way! When's the delivery due? Btw I went with Octopus for the energy, having the charing point put on the house this Friday. Looking forward to that as I've found charing stations to be REALLY hit and miss around here - really poor quality from the ElectricHighway ones.

Wow! Seeing that has just got me excited like a kid at crimbo. Looks a beaut! Thanks very much for putting the pics up... not near to Stafford are you? 🤣

1 - 17 of 17 Posts