Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2 Performance Magnesium Slate
11 Posts
Is MAGENSIUM the most popular colour (spelt properly....;)) in the Edinburgh "catchment"? I had my Magnesium non PP in for software update at Volvo Edinburgh. A PP was FOR SALE @£50k in the showroom - "pre registered" apparently. And then another was parked up next to me for collection. I am up for being corrected on the neighbouring car - it may have been Snow?? But the rain was so heavy I was not getting out to check properly! Still, the Volvo service manager never mentioned that another one was in - discrete?? - but had said people had been in and photographed the car in the showroom when passing but no serious opportunities to get into it due to lockdown restrictions. I was surprised that it was being sold this way!
Hi there. I am the new owner of this 'pre-registered' car, having traded in my e-Niro for it. It was privately registered to the Chairman of the dealership and had less than 600 miles on the clock so technically 'used' rather than pre-registered. I had always wanted a Polestar 2 but didn't want to buy one without seeing one in the flesh - plus there was the hassle of no opportunities to trade in my existing car if I bought new. I thought it was white but as soon as you park it next to a true white car the difference is obvious. I love the fact that the colour changes so much with the light, and is pretty good at not showing the dirt. I've removed the door decals which I think improves the look. Lovely car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Reactions: JCR

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Welcome, this is truly an awesome color.

Did they tell you this car was used by the dealer, or provide evidence? Because to the best of my knowledge the P2 was not allocated to dealers in the traditional way.

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2 Performance Magnesium Slate
11 Posts
Welcome, this is truly an awesome color.

Did they tell you this car was used by the dealer, or provide evidence? Because to the best of my knowledge the P2 was not allocated to dealers in the traditional way.
Hi. Yes, I saw the vehicle registration document that showed it had been registered in the Chairman's name at his home address. I was told he had bought it privately so this ties up with that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the club...

Hope it looked good under the wrapper too!🤪

·
Registered
543 Posts
You noticed. "Push both sides firmly" I was told at the handover. Clearly I had not. I don't use the bonnet anymore. It is designed to hide an engine you do not need to get to very often.

Reactions: Bjmac67

·
Registered
8 Posts
You noticed. "Push both sides firmly" I was told at the handover. Clearly I had not. I don't use the bonnet anymore. It is designed to hide an engine you do not need to get to very often.
I’m exact same, keep cable in the boot, the bonnet will only be opened to fill the windscreen washer!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Long Story Short.
Currently driving a temporary Polestar Midnight non PP, 20". to replace my 2020 company car.
Now to decide for a new company car, and leaning towards same 2021 Polestar launch edition, non PP, 20".... but magnesium color!

now that I have seen quite a lot of Polestars I believe this color truly emphasises the black window frames/accents best......

I dont want to wait for the MY22 with heatpump, still 2 engines I want; I believe the Launch Edition is still packed with features and improvements will come OTA!

·
Registered
219 Posts
You are spot on there!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Long Story Short.
Currently driving a temporary Polestar Midnight non PP, 20". to replace my 2020 company car.
Now to decide for a new company car, and leaning towards same 2021 Polestar launch edition, non PP, 20".... but magnesium color!

now that I have seen quite a lot of Polestars I believe this color truly emphasises the black window frames/accents best......

I dont want to wait for the MY22 with heatpump, still 2 engines I want; I believe the Launch Edition is still packed with features and improvements will come OTA!

View attachment 5493
That's the hottest combination 😁

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am biased but magnesium is the best colour! First long trip from Toronto to Niagara-on-the-Lake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Gosh I wish we had that black California plate. It fits perfectly with the car

Reactions: julianm

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went to the test station in Milton Keynes at the weekend (just to look, I can’t bring myself to drive one or my wait until august delivery will be even more unbearable) and they had every colour there. I can confirm without a shadow of doubt that magnesium is by far the best colour. Thunder was my second option but in reality it’s a bit too blue when the sun hits it for me

81 - 100 of 128 Posts