Polestar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,951 Posts
It really is. When it was overcast it was quite a nice grey but as soon as the sun hit it the blue really came out
I agree. I’ve stated before that thunder really pops on non-sunny days. Perfect for the UK!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reactions: ishiyakimo

·
Registered
219 Posts
Potential colour matching issue? My lovely magnesium Polestar 2 is in a body shop for replacement of the rear bumper following a shunt. The first replacement bumper had arrived damaged from Polestar / Volvo. I had a call to go into the shop today to see the second replacement "colour matched bumper".
It simply was not a colour match. Neither was the first - damaged - one.
I got them to move the car outside (to a grey cloudy late afternoon) - even more noticeable difference between bumper and the rest of the car. We concluded that there was not enough blue in it compared with the rest of the paint. They also had a paint sample board but the paint was not yet dry so was not really helpful. However, it highlighted that the colour code might need the right product as well as the right mix.
The works manager said that they were used to having to match up plastic parts with the metal ones but Polestar (perhaps Volvo) were insisting that the bumper was an accurate colour match and no one had ever had any issues before.
On the basis that it is not worth trying to get a third bumper, I am left with the temporary car for another while until the insurer is persuaded that the colour matched bumper really does need painting. Or Polestar agree that they have changed the colour or bumper manufacture over the year plus since the car was made.
On the plus side - the paint job is much better than the stories the manager had about Tesla!

• Sad
Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
No doubt the paint is better than a Tesla.
It's not easy to match colors on plastic vs. metal. And this Mag is such a unique color that I imagine that makes it worse. Hopefully they will sort it out for you.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,059 Posts
I've seen at least one other Magnesium example where the colour matching on the rear bumper was bad. I think they ended up with a replacement but I don't know the details...

·
Registered
12 Posts
A plea to anyone with Magnesium combined with Slate Weave Tech, would you be able to share some pictures?

I prefer Moon but I also want the lighter interior - I’m not a fan of coal-holes, Moon isn’t available with Slate so I may go for my close second choice of Magnesium.

My V60 has the Blond leather and it’s fabulous having a brighter interior.

All pictures greatly appreciated!

101 - 120 of 128 Posts