Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Last Friday, I took delivery of my 2022 Magnesium LRDM with every packages except leather. It was a preconfigured that I was lucky enough to get on July 5th. About 2 months later, it was delivered at a friend's house that lives within 250km from my nearest Space.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Hood Motor vehicle

It was a great experience but somehow a bittersweet moment as I had to part was with my beloved 2016 Golf R that I had since new. I dreamed about this car for so long that it was hard to see it go, but it was for the best.

Hand Gesture Finger Motor vehicle Gadget

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

First thing I did after the delivery was to initiate it to a photoshoot! Its first but certainly not its last!

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Then on the next day, I went to a local Cars and Coffee to show it off a little. It did get some attention, which surprised me a bit since there were lots of very nice cars there and I was parked pretty far away. It was at the local Porsche Center so it gathered a big crowd.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Then I went home. A little charge on the way, which went very smoothly, and home I was.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky

This really is a magnificent car in every way. The one pedal drive truly is addictive, the power delivery is very well managed and the handling is amazing. I really am falling in love with it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the photo shoot! Are you going to tint the windows?
My windows are actually tinted already! But I too find them not so dark. I've been wondering if they may have forgotten it prior to the delivery, even though it seems a bit tinted from the inside. I thought it'd be darker. At some point I may be able to compare with another Polestar owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations! I have a manual GTI and sometimes worry I'll miss how light it feels, the visibility, and the seating position. But damn, the P2 does look good.
Yeah, I had the exact same thoughts.

The Mk7 is better for :
  • Visibility
  • More nimble (feels like a go kart)

The Polestar 2 is better for :
  • Acceleration, it's mindblowingly good
  • Smoothness of the ride and comfort
  • I actually prefer the seating position, even though the seats are less sporty. I did 600km in it yesterday (350 miles) and I didn't feel any back pain, fatigue or anything

So far so good, I'm glad with my choice. My R was a manual also and I do not miss it. What I always hated about automatic transmissions is that they never seem to be on the right gear. Even the DSG, S-Tronic or PDK, while extremely good and performant, are not as much fun and enjoyable to drive in my mind as a 6MT. But with an electric car, it's something else that makes me feel good. Overtaking a car on the highway has never been that easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts