Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just doing some numbers on whether to add maintenance to a lease deal at an additional ~£44 per month.

Does anyone know what tyres the P2 is running? Only ref I've found is: Polestar 2 electric car review: we drive the Tesla Model 3 rival in the UK which says:
Performance on 20-inch wheels with Continental Premium SportContact 6 tyres
Standard on 19-inch Primacy or 20-inch PremiumContact 6 depending extras

Continental Primacy 19" look like about £120 per corner. So at that rate, got to be going through > 4 tyres per annum to make it stack up, given servicing is x1 in 3 years, as I understand it. I'm in the process of ordering a standard in Thunder. :)

Anyone else been through the numbers / know what tyres its running?

Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. So looks like Michelin Primacy 3's which are 180+ a tyre. Pricey!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Do you really think you'll go through a set of tires every year??? No lease I'm aware of supports that type of mileage. And from a maintenance standpoint, be careful because many maintenance plans don't cover tires at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely covers tyres, but will check if there are limitations. I'm certainly not far off a set of tyres per 10k miles in my Golf R (also all wheel drive), and the P2 has more torque and acceleration... I need to do some maths... :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It definitely covers tyres, but will check if there are limitations. I'm certainly not far off a set of tyres per 10k miles in my Golf R (also all wheel drive), and the P2 has more torque and acceleration... I need to do some maths... :)
I don't want to get near you if you are burning through a set of 40K mile tires every 10K :oops:

Seriously, you might want to check deeper into that maintenance plan. Tires every 10K miles might be considered excessive wear vs. normal wear and might not be covered.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I normally go through a set of tyres per 12-18k ..... so .... 😳

The way I look at it is, why would they give me launch control system on my car if they didn't want me to use it?
Also why make it RWD only if they didn't want me to get the back out a lot?

So why would Polestar give us all the power and torque if we can't use it to show off? :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts