Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it turns out there is some form of preconditioning available. If you select climate, then parking the ability to set immediate preconditioning for a set period, eg. 30mins is available.

The schediling and parking preconditioning modes are 'greyed out' but I was under the impression there was nothing until the OTA updates at a later time.

So although on cold mornings you have to go out to the car to set it going you can still get it toasty before returning to set off for the day.

I think I've got that right based on combing the menus and checking the manual...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there no way to turn on the car (for preconditioning) from the key fob?
Not yet...precon scheduling modes not available for in car setting until end of 2020. 2021 for app based precon.

The price we pay as early adopters...

Its not the end of the world and at least manual is there in some form. I thought there wasn't anything until the update or app so pleased at least it has this feature in my car now.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Not yet...precon scheduling modes not available for in car setting until end of 2020. 2021 for app based precon.

The price we pay as early adopters...

Its not the end of the world and at least manual is there in some form. I thought there wasn't anything until the update or app so pleased at least it has this feature in my car now.
Forgetting about whether the car can schedule preconditioning, do I take it the key fob has no way of energizing the car other than lowering the windows? :rolleyes: Because even without the app, and without being able to create a schedule, if you can turn the car on with the key fob that's a huge benefit.

·
Registered
799 Posts
So you go out to the cold car and warm it up. Once you're out there you might just as well get going 🙄

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you go out to the cold car and warm it up. Once you're out there you might just as well get going 🙄
Yes - not great but if it is thick ice or snow that will melt whilst you are indoors in the warm!

Btw I believe scheduled charging setup on Teslas is onboard only and not availabke from an app (like i thought originally) so polestar 2 will be the same...update approx. December.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Agreed. Though in my current car (and even my last ICE) you could just push a button on the key fob to start/precondition the car. It's great to be able to do that while you're still inside getting ready.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Then again, who really needs any of this? Who really needs a car at all? The pandemic will be with us for another year at least. I have no where to go 😃

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes teslas have app based precon but charging schedules must be set in-car - so polestar will be the same (eventually...). Its a whole new world compared to ice...but I like it even though I'm only 8 miles in 😁
In respect of scheduled charging, it will be available in-app. To quote the support site - “This functionality will be available in the Polestar App mid 2021.”

1 - 15 of 15 Posts