Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no sure if anybody has experienced that, but after the last update the map in the main console does not zoom in while driving. It actually will let the vehicle exit the map, without following it, so I will constantly move it manually. That does not happen when I actually set up to follow directions. Wondering if other people experienced that and if you have found a solution.

Thank you

· Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,628 Posts
Definitely not seen that! Try tapping the screen somewhere and near the lower right, you should see some kind of diamond thing which, if pressed, switches between a few different view modes. Try switching between modes to see if it now starts following your location properly.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

· Registered
3 Posts
I’m having a similar issue. The map view in the main console is too zoomed out to be helpful. But if I zoom in, my car is no longer centered. Very frustrating. Has anyone been able to figure out how to zoom in on the map view while keeping the car centered?

· Registered
585 Posts
I’m having a similar issue. The map view in the main console is too zoomed out to be helpful. But if I zoom in, my car is no longer centered. Very frustrating. Has anyone been able to figure out how to zoom in on the map view while keeping the car centered?
There should be an option in the middle of the map to recenter.
If that doesn’t help, try rebooting the system by holding the horizontal bar in the low center of the console; it’ll go in screen cleaning mode, hold it a bit longer and it’ll reboot.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Are you also making use of the map display within the driver's cluster? That one is always zoomed in.

For the center display you have three viewing position options.
  1. Overview. Which as the name implies, shows the entire zoomed out route. (I've put a green arrow on what you need to tap on to cycle through the viewing options. You may need to touch the screen to have these appear, as they hide after a few seconds if the screen is not being touched.)
    Map Ecoregion World Biome Line

2. Perspective. This keeps the map zoomed in and turn as the car turns.
    Ecoregion Map Land lot Urban design Residential area

3. North-up. As the name implies, it keeps the map fixed, with north as up, and is also zoomed in.
    Property Ecoregion Map Black Land lot

· Banned
1,236 Posts
As this issue is a Google issue, and not a Polestar issue, I did some searching on the Internet regarding issues with Google maps (ie having nothing to do with Polestar), and found someone mentioning that the auto zoom and reentering is only functional when one has an active route loaded into the map. Point being, if one doesn’t have a destination loaded and running, the automatic zoom/recentering is not active. Since I don’t use, no idea if this is true, or not…or whether it’s something Google has added/corrected in the last few years?

Since I only use the map (while driving) on the driver’s display, this is a non-issue, as it always automatically stays centered and zoomed in.

· Registered
3 Posts
Are you also making use of the map display within the driver's cluster? That one is always zoomed in.

For the center display you have three viewing position options.
  1. Overview. Which as the name implies, shows the entire zoomed out route. (I've put a green arrow on what you need to tap on to cycle through the viewing options. You may need to touch the screen to have these appear, as they hide after a few seconds if the screen is not being touched.)
    View attachment 21596

2. Perspective. This keeps the map zoomed in and turn as the car turns.
    View attachment 21597

3. North-up. As the name implies, it keeps the map fixed, with north as up, and is also zoomed in.
    View attachment 21598
Thanks for this. I'll experiment with the other views on the main display. And, you're right. The driver map is always zoomed in and a helpful view. The biggest display is nice for a passenger to reference and help with navigating so the driver can concentrate on, well, driving! Thanks again for the input. I'll switch things around and see if the other views are more helpful.

· Registered
2,346 Posts
I've ended up defaulting to the North-up view as my brain is used to reading paper maps from way back, and of course the driver's display is always perspective view. If I want the overview I just hit the pin icon to zoom out to show the whole route, or the alternate routes view with the added benefit of seeing...you guessed it! Alternate routes. ;) I'm glad to have options, but that is what seems to work best for me. BTW, if I want to zoom in even further, I just carefully "pinch" out to zoom in right over the current location indicator when needed, which is not often but can be useful with the satellite view in unfamiliar places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts