Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else noticing a distinct lack of place names on the map? The street names are all there, but I'm finding that for the actual name of the village or town to be displayed, it has to be a fairly major conurbation. There's far less detail than on an Android phone implementation of Google Maps. I can understand the desire to strip down detail so as to minimise driver distraction... but this is driving me to distraction. Is there a way to adjust this ourselves?

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's random as well - some places show up - but others don't. No changing of zoom levels changes this.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not perfect but way better than car navigation systems I‘ve had in the past. At least when I ask her she understands exactly where I want to go most of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Hey Google! What town is this?

Reactions: Ian

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone else noticing a distinct lack of place names on the map? The street names are all there, but I'm finding that for the actual name of the village or town to be displayed, it has to be a fairly major conurbation. There's far less detail than on an Android phone implementation of Google Maps. I can understand the desire to strip down detail so as to minimise driver distraction... but this is driving me to distraction. Is there a way to adjust this ourselves?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can someone tell me if you can delete locations you have previously selected from the car central display ?
Have you looked in google maps on a real computer logged into to same google account? Are the locations showing up there? You should be able to find them them, click on them and unsave them. I have not done this, but I do know all the locations I have set in Google Maps on my laptop appear in Google maps in the car. All my friends locations are set there, and I can say 'drive to bob and winnie' and it sets the route.

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I agree and picking up earlier responses to my original question, I don’t have a problem updating anything on Google Maps when I’m in front of my computer. The problem is when I’m actually in the car and I want for example to delete past locations or save certain locations. For example, can someone tell me how when you pick a particular location you can then save it in favourites?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Hi I agree and picking up earlier responses to my original question, I don’t have a problem updating anything on Google Maps when I’m in front of my computer. The problem is when I’m actually in the car and I want for example to delete past locations or save certain locations. For example, can someone tell me how when you pick a particular location you can then save it in favourites?
For me, my last N searches are saved and can be accessed with a quick tap when searching for a new location. Will need to try "Hey Google, show map search history" or the like. My work and home addresses also synced upon logging into the google account. So if you can list it in the google account favorites it should populate that way?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts