Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a early Feb delivery slot fo rmy my P2 midnight buit decided to delay delivery and now have march 2nd. I am assuming this guarantees me a 21 plate and I did stress this to the agent when i moved my delivery slot. I am nervous that I may still end up with a 70 plate so trying to find out how to mitigate.
A number of you have said you were given a choice of plates so am looking for suggestons on when plates get allocated and at what point shopuld i ask for a choice?
I have not yet paid for the and have to do this 14 days in advance of delivery so will the number plate be assigned before or after payment?
Any tips appreciated.....

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
117 Posts
I was given a early Feb delivery slot fo rmy my P2 midnight buit decided to delay delivery and now have march 2nd. I am assuming this guarantees me a 21 plate and I did stress this to the agent when i moved my delivery slot. I am nervous that I may still end up with a 70 plate so trying to find out how to mitigate.
A number of you have said you were given a choice of plates so am looking for suggestons on when plates get allocated and at what point shopuld i ask for a choice?
I have not yet paid for the and have to do this 14 days in advance of delivery so will the number plate be assigned before or after payment?
Morning, I was not given a choice of plate however my delivery delay meant a move to a 70 plate. The car was registered a few days after i paid. The V5 turned up in the post on delivery day.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh how this forum has changed!! Just a few weeks ago we were all so desperate to get our cars. An extra day seemed an eternity, never mind a month!
You @Haf clearly have more patience than us pillocks that needed to be the first in our county driving a P2 🙄
I know what you mean.. The 2 things that makes the delay more bearable is that is tiull have a lease car i need to return end feb and covid means i havent driven anywhere other than the super market - and i doubt lockdown will end before i get the car... currently looking into getting a ceramic coating and all that stuff..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same situation as me, website is saying Feb delivery but no date selected and my car has a reg on it on the website, rang polestar and made it clear I wanted it in March with a new plate and asked why it had a plate on already, they said not to worry the car will be registered the day before your chosen delivery date

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same situation as me, website is saying Feb delivery but no date selected and my car has a reg on it, rang polestar and made it clear I wanted it in March with a new plate and asked why it had a plate on already, they said not to worry the car will be registered the day before your chosen delivery date
thats re-assuring so i should be safe with 2 march delivery. I have not yet seen the plate appear on my order page so will keep an eye on that.. I also need to look into how to pay 50k and make sure my money doesn't disappear into a hole :-(

·
Registered
409 Posts
That money in a hole is a concern. But some of the members on here did a smart thing and sent a small transaction first, which will then show up on your Polestar account as payment and reduce the outstanding balance by that. All made with a bank that doesn't support the reverse look-up - Nordea.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
They normally register the car the day before delivery.

However they will have an allocated amount of number plates, so there is a risk they slap on a 70 plate. Contact CS and make sure 100% that you tell them the car will be rejected if it has a 70' plate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They normally register the car the day before delivery.

However they will have an allocated amount of number plates, so there is a risk they slap on a 70 plate. Contact CS and make sure 100% that you tell them the car will be rejected if it has a 70' plate.
Thanks and I will definitly contact them - especially if the number plate appears on the order form...

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
114 Posts
I have requested a number plate change for my car, the website we have access to does not seem to reflect what the back end system is set to. This is what CS told me:
As I completed a manual override/ abort to change the VRM, it will most likely not show in your account until the vehicle is registered. Please take this email as confirmation that the VRM assigned to your vehicle is the one requested: OE70***

The system from which you can see your VRM/ vehicle info is different to the system which we use to register vehicles, as such it is unlikely your system will update with this info. The VRM is showing correct on all of my systems in regards to your order and vehicle so please accept this email as confirmation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have requested a number plate change for my car, the website we have access to does not seem to reflect what the back end system is set to. This is what CS told me:
As I completed a manual override/ abort to change the VRM, it will most likely not show in your account until the vehicle is registered. Please take this email as confirmation that the VRM assigned to your vehicle is the one requested: OE70***

The system from which you can see your VRM/ vehicle info is different to the system which we use to register vehicles, as such it is unlikely your system will update with this info. The VRM is showing correct on all of my systems in regards to your order and vehicle so please accept this email as confirmation.
Thanks and very useful to know.. Just out of interest how comes you changed it?

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
114 Posts
It had been mentioned that you could, so out of curiosity I asked. They gave me a list to pick from and there was one that appealed slightly more than the one I had.
Living in the 'if you don't ask you don't get' mindset ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It had been mentioned that you could, so out of curiosity I asked. They gave me a list to pick from and there was one that appealed slightly more than the one I had.
Living in the 'if you don't ask you don't get' mindset ;)
how long before delivery di dyou have the conversation?

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
114 Posts
I ordered in October, got a delivery date (which i can't accept due to my invoice woes) at the beginning of Jan for end of Jan. I asked a couple of weeks ago, was told I couldn't but they would escalate to an expert. I got an email 30 minutes later with a list of available numbers, picked one and got confirmation a further 30 minutes later

·
Registered
66 Posts

I got exactly the same standard e mail reply after numerous calls to CS asking for a correct invoice. Mine is still showing the Reg no and vin no from my original order last year, yet vin has changed and they are putting my private reg on
( I hope )

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got exactly the same standard e mail reply after numerous calls to CS asking for a correct invoice. Mine is still showing the Reg no and vin no from my original order last year, yet vin has changed and they are putting my private reg on
( I hope )
Thats interesting - i didnt think a private plate was an option so good to know they can do it - though assume it involved a lot of hassle?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Time will tell, i sent them my retention document and they assure me its straight forward !!!!!. Will know on Friday as that is my supposed delivery date

·
Registered
25 Posts
In exactly the same position but I am yet to receive a delivery date. Is the 2nd March fully confirmed for you?
Regarding the plates - Polestar tell me today they cannot release these until February...

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,026 Posts
I don't believe it's possible to register a 70 plate after February 28th, and they do indeed only register the car the day (or maybe two) before delivery, so you should be ok. However as soon as you have a VIN, you can normally request a list of possible reg plates and then select one. They tend to discourage it a bit as it's a bit of extra work at their end (and not really necessary, except in the case of moving to the next 6-month block).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In exactly the same position but I am yet to receive a delivery date. Is the 2nd March fully confirmed for you?
Regarding the plates - Polestar tell me today they cannot release these until February...
I got my 5th feb delivery date last friday and i did an online chat with PS yesterday asing for 'early march' and then received the email today with 2 or 4th march options so i accepted the 2nd.
I will hold off on talking to them about number plates until we get into feb

1 - 20 of 165 Posts