Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
So - I had a build date of 15/12 a day later my VIN appeared on the PS website. Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Polestar carrier) website has a link to departures here RoRo vessel schedules and routes - Wallenius Wilhelmsen and checking with PS Customer support in the second week of January they told me that the car had left Shanghai on 7/2/21 only boat leaving then was Titania. You can track this & other ships via the MarineVessel app - Over the following month there followed the best geography lesson I've had for 40 years. PS CS confirmed car had arrived in Zeebrugge begining of last week. I realise there are a lot of assumptions in the chain but it has filled my time over the last 2 months and has been fun and who knows if entirely accurate or not?? :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
So - I had a build date of 15/12 a day later my VIN appeared on the PS website. Wallenius Wilhelmsen (Polestar carrier) website has a link to departures here RoRo vessel schedules and routes - Wallenius Wilhelmsen and checking with PS Customer support in the second week of January they told me that the car had left Shanghai on 7/2/21 only boat leaving then was Titania. You can track this & other ships via the MarineVessel app - Over the following month there followed the best geography lesson I've had for 40 years. PS CS confirmed car had arrived in Zeebrugge begining of last week. I realise there are a lot of assumptions in the chain but it has filled my time over the last 2 months and has been fun and who knows if entirely accurate or not?? :)
Thanks, I think you have been lucky with information and timing there. I have not been given access to anything on the PS website, I am presuming you have an account? I only got my VIN No.from CS so I can get the charger grant. It is amazing what you can track on-line these days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks guys to those who confirmed they have a 21 plate as I got hold of CS again and they confirmed my 21 plate so all good - refused to let me have. choice and said it was a random allocation policy.. Not too bothered as looks like OY21 is the first bit regardless so will settle for any 3 random letters after...

·
Registered
102 Posts

Polestar wouldn't tell me when the car left China, which is annoying

Car was build 24/12
I have a VIN number (no reg)
Delivery still says March

My main concern is that my currently contract hired ICE car has already been extended by 3 months and must go back on 19th March, and I don't want to be left without a car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In fairness to Polestar the last two letters of the number plate they allocated me are my initials. Pure chance or actually some thought when they allocate them who knows but i am going with they gave it some thought. So when they are allocating them if they have a number plate that they spot might have some relevancy you might get lucky. (Not sure really matters though).

re yours GAmbrose if build was 24/12 would be 99.9% sure you will get it March. For general info re where Polestar are up to on vins the highest i have seen aleady delivered is 203XX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put mine back till March, confirmed the 4th on the Portal which still shows an OV70 plate. Emailed PS CS and they confirmed its a 21 plate, gave me no choice but it ends UFC so thats better than nothing ;) Roll on the 4th!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I put mine back till March, confirmed the 4th on the Portal which still shows an OV70 plate. Emailed PS CS and they confirmed its a 21 plate, gave me no choice but it ends UFC so thats better than nothing ;) Roll on the 4th!!
This time next week (2 march) I expect mine will be at my front door on a delivery truck (or whatever)
Am now getting into the various checklists etc and getting things setup!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Still nothing on mine other than 'planned', March delivery and the option to chose a handover date greyed out.

My OHME charger is being installed Friday and smart meter hopefully coming shortly as well so I'm all set for it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Still nothing on mine other than 'planned', March delivery and the option to chose a handover date greyed out.
I'm guessing that's going to be a late march as my delivery was offered around 2-3 weeks in advance so hopefully you will get your email in the next week or so - no harm in doing online chat with CS as they are very responsive and seem quite happy to be regularly asked about stuff

·
Registered
30 Posts
This time next week (2 march) I expect mine will be at my front door on a delivery truck (or whatever)
Am now getting into the various checklists etc and getting things setup!!
I'm getting mine on 8th March, so trying to sort out a few things too. We have 22kW chargers at work and hopefully getting a home one sorted next week. I managed to add the car to my existing Volvo policy with LV for a very reasonable sum. Do you know where the deliveries come from? I'm based in Warks / Glos so hoping mine is on a transporter, rather than driven. What spec have you gone for?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I believe they all come from the Oxford area. I think the UK rules are if they car can be driven and that doesn't result in the mileage being over 100 miles they are allowed to drive it and it still be considered NEW. Anything over 100 miles should be transported to ensure the mileage is under 100 miles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know where in Bicester exactly, nothing on Google about Polestar in Bicester other than a printing company with the same name!

I guess they keep the location vaguely secret to deter thieves?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Upper Heyford, Bicester OX25 5HA. Helluva a lot of cars there OX25 5HA

Re the 100 miles rule not sure how set in stone it is as info seems to have been given from delivery drivers.But if 99.7 and 100 miles is correct you should be fine as must be more than 0.3 miles on it already?

·
Registered
197 Posts
BCA Fleet Solutions Ltd who use the airfield for storage and distribution. A polestar owner lives opposite it and sees the daily movements of Polestars going to the new owners.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well that's pretty much over 100 miles away from me, other than one specific route.

Will Polestar tell me if the car is in the country? They wouldn't last week.

If it wasn't, which ship is due in shortly that it could be on?

41 - 60 of 147 Posts