Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
If i remember correctly a couple due early March. My build date 24 days before yours and landed in Z over a month ago. Also think if memory correct was a shipment from China that left around 7th January and would guess yours would have been on it and that ship already arrived in Z.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmm 107 miles to me - I don't think I like the idea of someone driving it for 2 hours to get to me - how do they get home?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
I'm only 30 miles up the road from Bicester and they delivered mine on a transporter. I think most are delivered this way, just the occasional one or two seem to have been driven for some reason.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmm 107 miles to me - I don't think I like the idea of someone driving it for 2 hours to get to me - how do they get home?
From what others have said bus/train for their return trip if driven. Although even in covid times a few owners did say they took pity on them and drove them to the train station. 86 miles for me so will let you know this time next week how was delivered. Assuming greater chance of driver deliveries in March due to the increase in vehicles being delivered from all brands. Would prefer non driven delivery but if it is not can live with it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From what others have said bus/train for their return trip if driven. Although even in covid times a few owners did say they took pity on them and drove them to the train station. 86 miles for me so will let you know this time next week how was delivered. Assuming greater chance of driver deliveries in March due to the increase in vehicles being delivered from all brands. Would prefer non driven delivery but if it is not can live with it.
Looks like mine will be driven to me then, as work or home is only around 40 miles from Bicester.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Last couple i saw that were driven were afternoon deliveries. Probably just coincidence.
With yours being 9th probably more chance of trailer as would imagine the 1st week is when it is frantic and with luck another one in same area being delivered to make trailer delivery more viable?.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last couple i saw that were driven were afternoon deliveries. Probably just coincidence.
With yours being 9th probably more chance of trailer as would imagine the 1st week is when it is frantic and with luck another one in same area being delivered to make trailer delivery more viable?.
Hope so - mines a morning delivery!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd imagine that maybe all deliveries could currently be by trailer due to Covid - the risk of a keen new owner jumping into a car which an infected delivery driver has just spent the last 2 hours driving and coughing all over? Only guessing though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd imagine that maybe all deliveries could currently be by trailer due to Covid - the risk of a keen new owner jumping into a car which an infected delivery driver has just spent the last 2 hours driving and coughing all over? Only guessing though.
Was at least one driven last week that i am aware of (60 miles from Heyward Park) so Covid restrictions would appear not to apply. Takes them longer though as believe driver will charge it back to 80% and wash it before the actual delivery. Seems though reading comments where people mention delivery dates that a lot are being delivered 1st-5th March so hopefully easy for them to make up loads of 2 vehicles on transporters.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seems though reading comments where people mention delivery dates that a lot are being delivered 1st-5th March so hopefully easy for them to make up loads of 2 vehicles on transporters.
I’d imagine they’d be delivered by a contractor who’ll be doing deliveries for others manufacturers/leasors too so I don’t think filling trailers would be an issue. Again, just guessing but I know when my Jaguar was delivered it was on a 3-car transporter/trailer with an Audi and something else.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’d imagine they’d be delivered by a contractor who’ll be doing deliveries for others manufacturers/leasors too so I don’t think filling trailers would be an issue. Again, just guessing but I know when my Jaguar was delivered it was on a 3-car transporter/trailer with an Audi and something else.
Would seem sensible and logical but every delivery pic i have ever seen when it has been a 2 car delivery transporter has been Polestars only. The lease companies for some reason don't seem to be involved re deliveries with Polestars and plenty of threads on here re 1st time lease company knows car has been delivered is when customer tells them! Pity in someways Polestar don't offer a collection service at various sites as Tesla do for those happy to collect but that topic been covered before and someone explained why they don't but can't remember what it was.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If i remember correctly a couple due early March. My build date 24 days before yours and landed in Z over a month ago. Also think if memory correct was a shipment from China that left around 7th January and would guess yours would have been on it and that ship already arrived in Z.
I called and spoke to Amber today (1 week from my online chat) and after a brief chat, I mentioned that I know it goes to Belgium first - she said "it's still on the boat but due to arrive imminently"

Anybody know what the next boat due in is?

·
Registered
33 Posts
CS told me that the standard time between arrival in the UK and delivery is usually 4-6 weeks. I had the email saying my car was in the country on 20 Jan and my delivery is scheduled for 8 March.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Exercising my patience - still not had a save the date email. V late 0206xx - perhaps I’ll chat to CS Friday?

Here’s latest shipping arrivals:
So the best case scenario is my car will be in Zeebrugge on 3rd March...

CS even said on the phone "1-2 weeks from Belgium to the UK then 3-4 weeks for delivery"

I said "Well that puts us well in to April then, not March" and she said if the system says March it will be march"

?!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I called and spoke to Amber today (1 week from my online chat) and after a brief chat, I mentioned that I know it goes to Belgium first - she said "it's still on the boat but due to arrive imminently"

Anybody know what the next boat due in is?
Next one seems to be Manon left China 24th January with Zeebrugge ETA 3rd March and 4-6 weeks from Z arrival to delivery seems longer than normal as others seem to be getting 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
CS told me that the standard time between arrival in the UK and delivery is usually 4-6 weeks. I had the email saying my car was in the country on 20 Jan and my delivery is scheduled for 8 March.
These in the country emails have often been in a lot of cases wrong and buyers receiving them even when car is still at sea. Think mine actually arrived in Z 2 weeks after i received that email.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Next one seems to be Manon left China 24th January with Zeebrugge ETA 3rd March and 4-6 weeks from Z arrival to delivery seems longer than normal as others seem to be getting 3-4 weeks.
Interesting as I think I got the incorrect email notice that my car was in the UK on 25th Jan

I wonder if their system is sending these notifications out in error when the ship is confirmed to have left?

61 - 80 of 157 Posts