Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like the idea of an EV tire but I wonder if being an EV tire means low rolling resistance or some type of sound deadening foam on the interior of the tire. Or both. This being a new tire it probably hasn’t been tested yet but the other tires in the low rolling resistance category are really bad in wet weather stopping power. Maybe Michelin figured something out.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 pilot, plus, performance, magnesium.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea of an EV tire but I wonder if being an EV tire means low rolling resistance or some type of sound deadening foam on the interior of the tire. Or both. This being a new tire it probably hasn’t been tested yet but the other tires in the low rolling resistance category are really bad in wet weather stopping power. Maybe Michelin figured something out.
This has been tested. It has lower rolling resistance and silent foaming. And it's performance is nearly identical to pilot sport 4.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They almost look as good as mucho machos 🤤 In all seriousness these seem to have a closer AS tread outer block while still having a max performance center rib design. I’m sold.
These are still only summer tires. These will go on my oem 20" rims. Cross climate2 will go on my 19".

·
Registered
Dual motor - Plus & Pilot
151 Posts
It’s great that you take into account the noise from the tires for others. However, it is good to understand that the reported decibel readings are exterior noise a tyre generates while driving. And it is not possible to deduce from the amount of external noise what the tire noise inside the car is like.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It’s great that you take into account the noise from the tires for others. However, it is good to understand that the reported decibel readings are exterior noise a tyre generates while driving. And it is not possible to deduce from the amount of external noise what the tire noise inside the car is like.
Interesting I know sound can be measured from within the cabin but I know from other articles 72 is low in teens of tire noise for an Ev.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts