Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Midnight, PP, Barley
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on their car? Any reports on range impact or anything?

I've had the P4S on my existing car for a year and a half and love them. I'll be receiving my Polestar 2 Performance Pack within two-three weeks and have already started contemplating replacing the tires.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Has anyone put Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires on their car? Any reports on range impact or anything?

I've had the P4S on my existing car for a year and a half and love them. I'll be receiving my Polestar 2 Performance Pack within two-three weeks and have already started contemplating replacing the tires.
I don't have anything to compare it to, but the PP stock tires/tyres seem pretty great to me.

·
Registered
2021 2, DM, Midnight, Non-PP, 20",Tow, Barley
58 Posts

Not answering your question but only available in Europe at least for the 20" rim (245/40/R20 99XL) Y speed rated. Not POL marked so not technically approved by Polestar. They don't make a 245/45/R19 102XL

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Michelin Primacy Tour A/S on my car -- Excellent ride and handling; Range as expected.

You will find that unless you are doing something radical with tires, the range will not be appreciably affected. The car comes with some pretty good rubber in various flavors and range differences are minimal. If you went for a super LRR tire you might see a slight bump. And if you went with a sticky racing tire you'd likely see a slight drop. Otherwise you're unlikely to notice. Deltas in un-sprung weight will have more impact than any normal tire choice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wonder how they will stand up to the weight of the car?

When I went to buy winter tires, the sales rep who has a lot of experience with Teslas told me to expect faster tire wear due to the weight.

Are sport tires a softer compound?

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Wonder how they will stand up to the weight of the car?

When I went to buy winter tires, the sales rep who has a lot of experience with Teslas told me to expect faster tire wear due to the weight.

Are sport tires a softer compound?
Tires have different load ratings. For any tire you are likely to want to buy, it will come in a load rating for this car (LRx4>car). The P2 is heavy, but not unusually so. If you have the right load rated tire you shouldn't experience any particular delta in tire wear from the manufacturer's wear rating.

·
Registered
2021, Midnight, PP, Barley
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks to be the same load ratings between the two if I'm reading this correctly and a tiny bit lighter in weight. I pulled up the specs from Tire Rack for the Continental SportContact 6 that comes in the Performance Package vs the equivalent Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Continental SportContact 6 POL:

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S:

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
These 2 tires are functionaly equivalent. It's your money, spend it as you desire 🙂

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
For most drivers, tire performance won't really matter much (unless we're getting into the argument of winter/AS/summer). I do think there can be an appreciable difference in tire noise and wear. I trust Tire Rack reviews.

Reactions: julianm

·
Registered
2,952 Posts

Relevant:

OE tires many times are worth it over their aftermarket branded equivalent

Reactions: StarPole

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
205 Posts
Polestar says you can’t rotate your wheels. But, since the tires (tyres) are the same size, can you rotate the tires?

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
205 Posts
I don't see why not. But it's really not that necessary.
I would think the fronts would wear more quickly due to them turning.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would love to get the 4S tires, but I would be afraid of excessive wear. I had the Sport 4 on my Kia Stinger, and 12,500 miles later they are looking pretty bald! The Polestar is about 200lbs heavier, which can't help. Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

1 - 15 of 15 Posts