281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Midnight PS2 PPP-Napa
5 Posts
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Just got the car back from Sigma Kore, 20% ceramic tint, PPF & graphene ceramic acquired. Love the reflections, especially of the rocks in the third pic. Looks like a wrap or something.

Oh, and Red Rocks of course. 😁

·
Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
169 Posts
Agreed, this looks awesome. I've been wondering how matte film would look on Midnight. I'm a little disappointed it looks so good because now I'm tempted to spend the money 😁

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Full body PPF runs like 5K+ around here so it's like getting a paint job on your paint job. Not sure I can pull that but it looks so good!
Full body XPEL Stealth PPF here in Australia is around $8k ... expensive but, putting aside the cosmetics, worth it for the "door ding" protection etc IMHO!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got to give credit where it's due. I have historically not liked matte finished cars. But that color and wrap combination is beautiful. Enough to make me think about getting mine done like that. Do you know the exact wrap material they used?
It’s stealth satin PPF, not a vinyl wrap. Basically a clear “wet wrap” created to protect the car from scratches and minor damage. Side benefit is it can change the the look too. Most people go for a more invisible clear gloss but I love the satin one.

·
Registered
Magnesium/Nappa/LRDM/Full Monty - Delivery Late November 2022
170 Posts
Why is it so expensive? Converted to AUD mine was at around 4k AUD here in UAE and I thought that was expensive. That is for the whole car.
The Days of "just do a straight currency conversion" are gone ... but to be honest I really don't know - other than that's what they can charge ¯\(ツ)

There are variances of course, but in the Australian regional forum, it seems that the current price for a well installed PPF full-vehicle wrap is between AUD 7k & AUD 8.5k ... I'm sure it can be had cheaper than that but I doubt it would be as low as AUD 4k unfortunately.

You car looks fantastic :)

·
Registered
Ordered: LRDM, Snow, Pilot Lite, Plus + Zinc
170 Posts
Why is it so expensive? Converted to AUD mine was at around 4k AUD here in UAE and I thought that was expensive. That is for the whole car.
Australia is a high minimum wage and cost jurisdiction. When things require a lot of manual labour, such as a wrap, the costs multiply quickly. Add in first world rental costs and admin fees to look after first world (i.e. nanny state) regulations, the price the detail shop needs to charge escalates pretty soon. And there's possibly a vicious cycle in there, as the wraps are very pricey, the shop may not have enough economy of scale of business to get prices lower.

·
Registered
'22 P*2 dual motor, midnight, charcoal, performance pilot plus
169 Posts
I learned yesterday that Midnight looks good on a track...

And for fun I took a picture of the Journey Log output from one session, averaging 133 kWh per 100 miles!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Looks like fun! Did you set the Ohlins to 1/2 (track mode)? Looks like there was quite a bit of body roll in the twisties.

281 - 300 of 304 Posts