Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one rattle from the rear seatbelt. I extended the seatbelt from where it retracts in the back seat and that cleared it up.
However, I have a new rattle, that sounds almost like a cricket or a chirp coming from the rear area and cannot isolate it. It occurs whilst I'm driving and roll over imperfections in the road. I am drowning it out with music, but if I listen to talk radio, it's persistent and annoying... Anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Try fully lowering and raising the window - worked for me! My rear window was rattling against one side.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Check that the back seats are firmly locked in place.
Pull out the back seat armrest and then push it back into place firmly.
Remove the cargo cover and do a test drive. If that fixes the issue, you know where the problem is.
Check the cargo hatch cover and anything in the cargo nets.

·
Registered
California
604 Posts
I had a similar sounding chirp (my spouse called it “our car’s cricket”) and it turned out to be something rubbing inside the rear driver-side door that I am told the service center has fixed with additional felt (I do not yet have my vehicle back to verify).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar sounding chirp (my spouse called it “our car’s cricket”) and it turned out to be something rubbing inside the rear driver-side door that I am told the service center has fixed with additional felt (I do not yet have my vehicle back to verify).
Are you SoCal or NorCal? If SoCal did you take it to Galpin?

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 Moon PP Leather
39 Posts
Is there any way to reduce the rattling sound from the rear boot cover? Whenever I drive on the little bit uneven road, it makes lots of rattling sound like crazy. It makes entire driving experience really bad. I know that I can easily remove it, but wanted to keep the cover to hide some stuffs under it. It would be great if there is any cover that can be attached to the side walls and rolling out, like V60 or V90. If anyone find a good solution other than removing it, please let me know.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Is there any way to reduce the rattling sound from the rear boot cover? Whenever I drive on the little bit uneven road, it makes lots of rattling sound like crazy. It makes entire driving experience really bad. I know that I can easily remove it, but wanted to keep the cover to hide some stuffs under it. It would be great if there is any cover that can be attached to the side walls and rolling out, like V60 or V90. If anyone find a good solution other than removing it, please let me know.
Do we know which part of it is rattling. It's also been annoying me. I can't tell if it's the part that attaches closer to the rear seats or the stands at the hatch.

I've been tempted to get something like this and apply it to each contact point to see if that solves it:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am not sure exactly where the squeaky noise is coming from. I took it from the car and looked at it and installed in again, but could not find. I suspect it is coming from either the hinge at both side of the wall it attaches to or the little rubber bumper balls at the end of the string to absorb the movement of the cover panel, though. I don't see any other parts can make noises from. If you apply the tape, please let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Velcro tape might work as well. (I removed the cargo cover, so don't know.)

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
So car went back to the good guys at TMS in Coventry today...really good bunch and competent. I’ve had a B pillar rattle that only went when I plugged in the passenger seat belt. Well within the hour sorted and I now finally have a quiet cabin. Bonus that I had some minor updates applied to several modules and also replacement wiper blades due to smearing!!

No idea what the updates have done, think they were comms related but that’s all the tech mentioned.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had numerous noise issues and most of those were fixed. Here are the list.
1. symptom: clicking noised from rear seat... actually suspension - solution: dealer replaced both rear Ohlin dampers.
2. symptom: rattling noises from driver side door / windows - solution: dealer rebuffed driver side door rubber gasket / dealer took a part of the seatbelt casing and found loose clips, then installed new clips and reassembled.
3. panel gap between driver side front and rear door top, which I guess contributed to the noises - solution: dealer adjusted driver side door.
It took more than a months with two separate visits to figure. rear suspension noise has gone completely, but rattling noises from the driver side has not been gone yet. It has been reduced a lot, though.
my Volvo built quality is superb, but PS2 is not quite there yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts