Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'ver had a quick search but can't find a specific thread. Does anyone have any up to date news on when the mobile app will be available?

Last I heard it was Q1, and checking the date that means today! Seeing Polestar banging on about the new ABRP in-car app reminded me. That and returning to my P2 the other day and finding the charge state had errored so I'd just lost 2 hours of super cheap Octopus volts, and a loss of lots of range I expected for a journey.

My car is 6 months old in a few days, and not having an app that every BMW, Audi etc has had for years to precondition etc is not a great CX. The BP Pulse credit doesn't really make up for it imo, especially given for most of that 6m we're not legally allowed to drive far enough to make use of it :)

Appreciate any updates anyone has.

S

Registered
About a month ago I saw a screenshot of a facebook post from Thomas Ingenlath, that the app update will arrive "in 2 months", which will be the end of april.
I don't have a facebook account, so I cannot verify this. Also, CEOs are not always right ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About a month ago I saw a screenshot of a facebook post from Thomas Ingenlath, that the app update will arrive "in 2 months", which will be the end of april.
I don't have a facebook account, so I cannot verify this. Also, CEOs are not always right ;)
Thanks. This reddit post includes the details of what he said.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Polestar/comments/lrzyeh 34 days ago and ~2 months, so yeah, April "should" be on the cards... be good timing here in the UK at least when things hopefully start to open up again.

Registered
P2 Magnesium
The BP Pulse credit doesn't really make up for it imo, especially given for most of that 6m we're not legally allowed to drive far enough to make use of it :)
Am I reading this that the BP credit is only valid for 6 months? How disappointing if that is the case, I didn't spot that, or have I misunderstood?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Am I reading this that the BP credit is only valid for 6 months? How disappointing if that is the case, I didn't spot that, or have I misunderstood?
Sorry, my poor wording. It's valid for 12 afaik, but maybe will work for longer. Tbh, mine doesn't even register charge costs against my account, so I seem to have a magic unlimited thing, not 拢450. One day they will catch up with me... ;)

I just meant for much of that period we've not been able to travel, so it's a nice gesture, but doesn't to me make up the missing functionality on a 拢50k car. Anyhoo. I'm sure they will get there but as ever comms could be better - smacks of "tell 'em nothing, so we don't let them down later" whilst they fix 874 bugs.

Super Moderator
As I understand it, the free subscription lasts for 12 months and the credit lasts indefinitely although if you don't use it up in the 12 months, I guess you'd have to start paying for the service in order to be able to access your credit.

Registered
FWIW (which isn't much), Polestar's Social Media team updated their copy paste answer: "The app for the Polestar 2 is available already, with vehicle functionality coming very soon. Stick around in our channels to stay up to date on when 馃槉"

Registered
As I understand it, the free subscription lasts for 12 months and the credit lasts indefinitely although if you don't use it up in the 12 months, I guess you'd have to start paying for the service in order to be able to access your credit.
how did you guys manage to get a credit?

Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
I think it's a bit different Steve - the subscription just entitles you to reduced cost charging. So when the year's subscription has ended, you can still use the rest of your credit, but at the pay-as-you-go rates. But who knows... somehow I have low confidence that BP Pulse's systems will have enough intelligence to make that work!

Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
They told me week 15 in the shop.

Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
You should be able to access the credit without a monthly membership fee but you would be charged the non member rate which is twice the price per kWh for the 50kW chargers I use.

For that reason I plan to use the credit before the end of the free membership as I can skip charging at home and just top up every few days at the local pub less than a mile away.

Registered
I spent a long time in hospital recently and so I鈥檝e not been posting on here for a long time and only signed up for BP Pulse / free charging recently. Interestingly on the phone they said the voucher / free electric had to be used by the end of 2021, so not a full 12 months for me.

When I then registered the account and applied the voucher on line it said valid for 12 months.

so we shall see ... 12 months or end of 2021? I suspect the latter since that is what I was told by someone who should have known.

Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
The initial VIN application had to be completed by the end of 2021. Your free subscription is for 12 months from the point it's applied. As usual, customer support (Polestar or BP Pulse) don't have enough information and simply guess an answer.

Registered
Word on the street is that the app is coming in week 15. That's the week starting 12th April for those who don't work in week numbers.

I don't know what capabilities will be available from launch.

Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
Word on the street is that the app is coming in week 15. That's the week starting 12th April for those who don't work in week numbers.

I don't know what capabilities will be available from launch.
Adding this to the list of things one can do in the U.K. on week 15 then! Check your car鈥檚 SoC on your phone while at the pub :)

Registered
Adding this to the list of things one can do in the U.K. on week 15 then! Check your car鈥檚 SoC on your phone while at the pub :)
This has been vexing me - why would you want to check your car's SoC in a pub of all places? You haven't come there by car and you won't leave there by car; your car is probably at home with the same SoC as you left it with.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts