Polestar Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
89 Posts
This has been vexing me - why would you want to check your car's SoC in a pub of all places? You haven't come there by car and you won't leave there by car; your car is probably at home with the same SoC as you left it with.
What do you mean you haven't come by car?
Maybe in your country.. Here everyone takes their car to the bar. But still no use of checking your soc in the bar, thats true.

·
Registered
216 Posts
This has been vexing me - why would you want to check your car's SoC in a pub of all places? You haven't come there by car and you won't leave there by car; your car is probably at home with the same SoC as you left it with.
Possibly because a lot of the chargers near me are located in pub car parks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What do you mean you haven't come by car?
Maybe in your country.. Here everyone takes their car to the bar.
So you go to the bar and.. don't drink? Or is it a high blood alcohol limit for driving in Belgium/UK?

(Admittedly I have a lot to learn.)

·
Registered
P2 Snow non-PP w/tow hook
50 Posts
So you go to the bar and.. don't drink? Or is it a high blood alcohol limit for driving in Belgium/UK?

In France, according to a close friend, the limit is specifically set high enough to have a glass of wine for dinner.
I was shocked when we ate at a restaurant together the first time and had driven to get there.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It varies a lot from country to country. Across Europe the limit varies from zero tolerance to lightly sloshed. Parts of the UK have 4x higher tolerance than Sweden, for example.

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
89 Posts

Let's just say that belgians don't care about drinking and driving as much as other countries. We have a habit of checking different sources (like the people behind the bar) if there are any cops on the route home checking for alcohol. I blame the lack of alternatives like decent taxis or allowing uber. If i would be able to call an uber from where i live to the bar, i would never take my car again.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I think, biologically, there's a small amount of alcohol that can be consumed without any impact on driving capabilities. It varies, of course, with each individual and many individuals can't be counted on to just stop drinking more. I think, perhaps, the U. S. has this one right.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
483 Posts
Not sure why this is surprising to you, I always drive to and from pubs, and considering how difficult it often is to find parking there I’m not the only one!

As it happens the two 50kW chargers closest to me are in local pubs, and as they’re also bp pulse and I want to spend my £450 credit while on the free membership (so half the price per kWh), I’ve been regularly visiting them even while they were closed.

From Monday the pub will be open (they’re frantically preparing) so I’ll be finally able to actually leave the car and go and sit there and have a nice meal instead. When the app is out I’ll also be able to monitor the SoC so I don’t have to guess when I have to go out to the car park and move the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure why this is surprising to you
As a Norwegian myself, only after having lived abroad did I realize that pubs and other places that sell alcoholic beverages may have other redeeming qualities with them, in Norway, you go there solely to get drunk, ordering anything else, and you'll be greeted with an obscene price.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
483 Posts
As a Norwegian myself, only after having lived abroad did I realize that pubs and other places that sell alcoholic beverages may have other redeeming qualities with them, in Norway, you go there solely to get drunk, ordering anything else, and you'll be greeted with an obscene price.
I haven’t been to Norway yet! I was planning a road trip there last year but covid happened and we went to France again...

So is it like Greece for instance where there is a clear distinction in everyone’s mind between establishments that primarily sell food (tavernas, restaurants), those that sell alcohol (bars) and those that sell coffee? Pubs serve all three purposes here in the U.K.

if that’s the case yes, I get it how it would be weird to drive for a night out to get drunk at the bar.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I haven’t been to Norway yet! I was planning a road trip there last year but covid happened and we went to France again...

So is it like Greece for instance where there is a clear distinction in everyone’s mind between establishments that primarily sell food (tavernas, restaurants), those that sell alcohol (bars) and those that sell coffee? Pubs serve all three purposes here in the U.K.

if that’s the case yes, I get it how it would be weird to drive for a night out to get drunk at the bar.
What the average Norwegian thinks of as a pub, is a place to get drunk, restaurants is for dinner/lunch and optionally an alcoholic beverage, but most often not.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well we all know that the app didn't come this week. My source was rather confused that it wasn't available as apparently internally there has been a week 15 frenzy.

It may be that some vehicles will not have phone as key working after the update without a dealer visit. This would effect early vehicles. Most of use wouldn't be effected by this. But some may be.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
174 Posts
My experience of Norwegian drinking involved being incredibly drunk prior to the ‘pub’
My favourite was watching bar staff ask if the several thousand krone tip was intended as the totally banjaxed patron had put his PIN into the machine 🤣
Top place to go drinking, I think the Norwegians give the Scottish a run for their money on the drinking front.
Plus it’s a beautiful place, skiing was awesome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My experience of Norwegian drinking involved being incredibly drunk prior to the ‘pub’
Because the booze is so darn expensive lol.
My favourite was watching bar staff ask if the several thousand krone tip was intended as the totally banjaxed patron had put his PIN into the machine 🤣
the machines now refuse to accept high tips, precisely for that reason :p

21 - 38 of 38 Posts