Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 - Moon, Long Range, Dual Motor, Plus, Pilot, Leather
14 Posts
Thanks I’m thinking of getting mine done when it arrives in 2 weeks.
I would definitely recommend it. It really gives it a deeper shine and the rain just rolls off it. I haven’t had to clean it yet but the guy that did it said that the most you have to do is hose it down and leather it off and it will always look like it’s just been waxed! 👍

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would definitely recommend it. It really gives it a deeper shine and the rain just rolls off it. I haven’t had to clean it yet but the guy that did it said that the most you have to do is hose it down and leather it off and it will always look like it’s just been waxed! 👍
I’m sure the wife will find that handy when she is washing the car…. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I had my last car coated by the dealership upon purchase find the value for money is great I know Shelby say it will last the life of the car but even 5 years at 400 is only £80 a year, which you will probably recoup when selling the car on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m sure the wife will find that handy when she is washing the car…. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I had my last car coated by the dealership upon purchase find the value for money is great I know Shelby say it will last the life of the car but even 5 years at 400 is only £80 a year, which you will probably recoup when selling the car on.
She’ll probably say that now it’s so easy to clean that even you could do it!😉😂

Katie

·
Registered
525 Posts
@Katinthehat She could say that and I would agree with her but since she don’t drive I’d have to remind her it’s a long way to the shopping centre on foot.

it’s all good though it’s an agreement we got she washes and I take her shopping. Probably be cheaper to take it to a car wash but oh well only live once and I don’t break agreements lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Katinthehat She could say that and I would agree with her but since she don’t drive I’d have to remind her it’s a long way to the shopping centre on foot.

it’s all good though it’s an agreement we got she washes and I take her shopping. Probably be cheaper to take it to a car wash but oh well only live once and I don’t break agreements lol.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!😂 It sounds like she's got a fairly good deal, a chauffer driven limo for the price of an occasional car wash!:cool: She obviously knows when she's well off! I hope you both enjoy the new motor, they really are very nice.👍

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Katinthehat its all good no need to apologise. We both got a good deal lol.

can’t wait my current vehicle is a 🚌 lol so am eager to get it.
Wow, that's going to be a big difference. It's going to feel like a Formula 1 car by comparison! Just have to keep an eye out for those pesky speed cameras!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Moon 2022 Polestar 2 | AWD | Pilot Plus | Moon
23 Posts
Well it looks like my Moon has finally arrived at the nearby port, ready for pickup at the dealership next month. Quite psyched about the new ride and ditching fossil fuel!

My first lease, so I'm a little apprehensive about the terms outcome. (I've always financed and drove 6-7 years). Also the first time I'm selling my current car (to Carmax) instead of trading it in. Weird, the Volvo dealership offered me 40% less.

Now I just have to get the 220V line and L2 charger installed!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thought I should post a pic of mine having got it washed yesterday - it probably won't be this clean most of the time 😂 View attachment 8127
Does the single motor car have the light bar on the rear boot, and if it does, is it lit all of the time?
Reason for asking - A Polestar 2 passed me the other side of road today and when I looked in my rear mirror the rear light bad was off.

·
Registered
Polestar 2
258 Posts
That's a good question - it definitely has the light bar and does the dancing Knightrider light thing (plus pack).

I'm not sure if it's on during the day when just the side lights are on though - maybe it was that, or if you turn the lights off does that turn the light bar off?

·
Registered
Polestar 2
258 Posts
Looks awesome - every picture definitely confirms my opinion that Moon is the best colour 😂

How are you finding the performance of the single motor?

Also, I had a sharp intake of breath when I saw how close your front wheel is to that kerb :eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do love how the colour looks so different depending on the light - definitely not 'old man' beige 😂
Web site always made it look too beige to me — but then I had the chance to see it in the flesh (while picking up my Thunder) and I liked the Moon 10x times more than the photos made me think it would look. IRL, it was quite gorgeous. I’m still happiest with my Thunder color, but Moon bubbled up as a def close second!

·
Registered
Polestar 2
258 Posts
Web site always made it look too beige to me — but then I had the chance to see it in the flesh (while picking up my Thunder) and I liked the Moon 10x times more than the photos made me think it would look. IRL, it was quite gorgeous. I’m still happiest with my Thunder color, but Moon bubbled up as a def close second!
Yeah Moon was the bottom of the list based on the configurator pictures until we saw one at the Polestar space on a sunny day and just loved it - it was a close call with Magnesium as that also looks fantastic in the sun.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts