Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to my account this morning. November still.

Just logged in... December.

Dec > Nov > Oct > Nov > Dec

Remember I ordered July 21st

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not really a lot of logic to the sequence of who gets what car, when. Car originally ordered direct by me 12th June. I spoke to my broker this afternoon ( business lease ). They say they have completed their end, it's now down to Polestar. Called Polestar: they suggested I contact the broker ( though to be fair they then said they'd look into it ).

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
3rd October at Salford test drive I had a level 3 moan at a Polestar employee who mistakenly asked me what I thought of the company. He said he'd do what he could & tapped away at an ipad for 5 minutes. Within a few days the order progressed. Coincidence or my Polestar Saviour?

Yeah I know- total fluke. He was probably ordering a sandwich

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Very disappointing, GDank. I'm worried the same will happen to me. After all, I, too, ordered the tow bar.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry for you @GDank. Seems a bit random when orders are being delivered.

I got an estimate through of December a few weeks ago, but my order suddenly went progressed fast after I got my broker to chase Leaseplan and Polestar and 'request' an October delivery. Now it's coming next week. Not sure why/how this happened.

Reactions: Arjo

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those above, mine is direct and not via a Lease.

So I called them today as I wasn't very happy. I sold my car end Sept because the date had moved to October. Was a bit disappointed when it moved back to November 1 week after selling my car. Seeing December today more than upset me.

Anyway, a really nice lady told me my Car was currently on a boat on route to Belgium. The Car is scheduled to be delivered to the UK distribution centre first week of November. Her system still say November delivery to me. So there is some hope! (But at best it's going to be 2nd or 3rd week of Nov)

She also confirmed the following about Tow Bars:-

EU Tow Bars are 100% fitted at the factory - for now. This may change but right now it's either re-order or live without one. (I assume you could get a 3rd party to fit a standard tow bar, but they would never say that)

She couldn't comment on US tow bars ... but I did ask.

Finally a note to Lease buyers the nice lady told me. Some people have cancelled their order ... these cars generally get put in the pool of Lease Cars. If you pick the right colour/seat/options you can be very lucky and get one of the cancelled ordered cars. Hence why some Lease buys have had great turn arounds ... so choose wisely!

·
Registered
270 Posts
EU Tow Bars are 100% fitted at the factory - for now. This may change but right now it's either re-order or live without one. (I assume you could get a 3rd party to fit a standard tow bar, but they would never say that)
Interesting. Here in DE, all cars arrive without a tow bar at the dealer/distribution center who then mounts them - both for Polestar and Volvos. Would be surprised it it was any different for other EU countries.

Oh wait, you're from the UK.... :p SCNR

·
Registered
59 Posts
Order 9th August delivered 30th Sept (52 days). My guess is quick either because 1) I put a deposit down Sept 19 but changed spec in August or 2) Magnesium is a less popular colour so more availability on first ship over, finally 3) cash buyer (I know fortunate but remember I’m now stuck with it for years and years).

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( If you want something to do, you can track the good ship Toreador, which has your car on it!

It docks in Zeebrugge on 9th November if I remember correctly.

I hoped our car would be on it, but sadly it missed the boat (!) and was loaded onto the Tirranna yesterday and is now sailing to another Chinese port before heading over to Europe, due to arrive at Zeebrugge at the end of November.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For those above, mine is direct and not via a Lease.

So I called them today as I wasn't very happy. I sold my car end Sept because the date had moved to October. Was a bit disappointed when it moved back to November 1 week after selling my car. Seeing December today more than upset me.

Anyway, a really nice lady told me my Car was currently on a boat on route to Belgium. The Car is scheduled to be delivered to the UK distribution centre first week of November. Her system still say November delivery to me. So there is some hope! (But at best it's going to be 2nd or 3rd week of Nov)

She also confirmed the following about Tow Bars:-

She couldn't comment on US tow bars ... but I did ask.

Finally a note to Lease buyers the nice lady told me. Some people have cancelled their order ... these cars generally get put in the pool of Lease Cars. If you pick the right colour/seat/options you can be very lucky and get one of the cancelled ordered cars. Hence why some Lease buys have had great turn arounds ... so choose wisely!
When i spoke the lady of a Dutch Polestar Space in september she said that i could order a tow bar also later on because all tow bars were added to the car in the Dutch garage after arriving in The Netherlands and before delivery. So.....i dont know what is true.

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
45 Posts
I had the OEM tow bar fitted at my local Volvo dealer for £1000. It looks great though I haven’t used it.
When my car was delivered the BCA driver told me they were fitted at their depot prior to delivery along with charging the battery/Number plates etc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( If you want something to do, you can track the good ship Toreador, which has your car on it!

It docks in Zeebrugge on 9th November if I remember correctly.

I hoped our car would be on it, but sadly it missed the boat (!) and was loaded onto the Tirranna yesterday and is now sailing to another Chinese port before heading over to Europe, due to arrive at Zeebrugge at the end of November.
How do you know what ship your car is on? Was that from Polestar support?
All I have is a reg. No vin and 5 different eta's .

·
Registered
203 Posts
How come you have a reg? Mine wasn't allocated until 3 days before delivery. I had the VIN for well over a month, maybe two.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How come you have a reg? Mine wasn't allocated until 3 days before delivery. I had the VIN for well over a month, maybe two.
I have a reg too. Nothing else, and all sorts of weird data transfer glitches between Polestar and Polestar Finance. But I do have a reg. I keep expecting it to disappear...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I didn't have a reg for a while, but i wanted to sort out insurance so I just asked Polestar and they allocated me one (and it appeared in the account on the website too).

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
I asked Customer Services and although they couldn't say which ship it was on, they said it was about to leave a few days ago and would arrive in the UK at the end of November. If you look on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website, you can find the car transporter ferries used by Polestar (and many other companies) which are travelling from Shanghai to Zeebrugge with those timescales. For me, it's the Tirranna, and the previous one which matches GDank's car would be the Toreador.

Weird that you might have a reg but no VIN... that doesn't sound right to be honest.

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't figure out Polestars order allocation but it does seem to be much slower with a towbar. Ordered mine (through Leaseplan) 15th May void/slate/std wheels and no PP but with towbar, delivery was due Sept when I ordered, then moved to Oct, then got an email 2 weeks ago saying they will contact me soon to schedule handover in 4-6 weeks. Not heard anything more so it's not looking promising for November even now!

Getting a bit miffed to be honest as communication is non existent and it's costing me £400+ a month in BIK tax and continuing to pollute on my current oil burner :cry: . Not much I can do to speed it up but at least looking at the media reports it will be worth it when it eventually shows up!

Just noticed on their website that adding a towbar on a new configuration forces you to select snow, thunder, moon, midnight. Try to select another colour and it deletes the towbar. So that doesn't fill me with hope!!!

1 - 20 of 211 Posts