Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m looking to get some opinions on what people think of living with the Polestar 2 more than 150 miles from a service point. I am soon going to be moving to Nashville, TN where the closest functioning service location is in Charlotte, NC. There’s supposed to be a location in Atlanta but it has been “coming soon” for many months now. What do you guys think? Am I risking an extremely inconvenient tow/visit to a far away Polestar space? Can Polestar tow my car to a far away space relatively hassle-free if it does break down? I love the car but the lack of Polestar service locations and the sparse charging network in Tennessee are making me apprehensive. Also, it appears they plan on building a Polestar space in Nashville but I’m not going to hold my breath.
Photograph Purple Rectangle Font Violet

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm in the Memphis area and I got my car when the nearest space was Manhattan - I even picked it up there and drove it back home. Right now closest to me is Dallas, but Atlanta will be closer. I think it should be opening soon. I've never been worried about the distance to the space as I was very confident that if I did have a problem under warranty then Polestar would take care of things - we saw this happen with a few of the early adopters who did have issues under warranty. There are several stories of owners who had an issue that required repairs - car was picked up and a loaner dropped off, then repaired and returned all free of charge.

Fortunately for me I have had no issues that required a repair. My car has been remarkably reliable. I'll be coming up on my first service soon, so I'll probably plan a trip to Dallas for that - and also visit family I have in the area. So for me anyway I had no concerns. And I will be EXTREMELY happy if they put a space in Nashville. That would be really easy for me to get to, and I'd pop over there for service if it was open in time. I seriously doubt they'll ever put a space in Memphis unfortunately. @Sinister_Crayon and the St. Louis folks, take note! Nashville might be better than Detroit for you guys.

By the way, welcome to Tennessee! Nashville is a very nice city - I think you'll like it. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m looking to get some opinions on what people think of living with the Polestar 2 more than 150 miles from a service point. I am soon going to be moving to Nashville, TN where the closest functioning service location is in Charlotte, NC. There’s supposed to be a location in Atlanta but it has been “coming soon” for many months now. What do you guys think? Am I risking an extremely inconvenient tow/visit to a far away Polestar space? Can Polestar tow my car to a far away space relatively hassle-free if it does break down? I love the car but the lack of Polestar service locations and the sparse charging network in Tennessee are making me apprehensive. Also, it appears they plan on building a Polestar space in Nashville but I’m not going to hold my breath. View attachment 16296
In Florida, if you don’t have a Polestar Space close to you, a Volvo dealer will do the service needed. I’m sure you have Volvo dealers in Nashville. In the future the “coming soon” Polestar Space will co-locate with one of the Volvo dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m looking to get some opinions on what people think of living with the Polestar 2 more than 150 miles from a service point. I am soon going to be moving to Nashville, TN where the closest functioning service location is in Charlotte, NC. There’s supposed to be a location in Atlanta but it has been “coming soon” for many months now. What do you guys think? Am I risking an extremely inconvenient tow/visit to a far away Polestar space? Can Polestar tow my car to a far away space relatively hassle-free if it does break down? I love the car but the lack of Polestar service locations and the sparse charging network in Tennessee are making me apprehensive. Also, it appears they plan on building a Polestar space in Nashville but I’m not going to hold my breath. View attachment 16296
I recently moved from San Francisco to Cary, NC recently. I'd owned the polestar 2 a year before that and had to just take it once for a service (where they were co-located with Volvo). I knew moving to Cary that the nearest dealer was in Charlotte (150 miles away). I was hoping Polestar would setup a service option at one of the Volvo dealer.

As luck would have it, I met with an accident soon after the move (front on collision with me standing still), primarily front bumper/ light assembly/ sensor damage). I couldn't find one bodyshop who would take the car. I'd to tow the car to Charlotte to get it repaired and it has taken 4 months (Apr-Aug)now for all parts to arrive. I still love the car to bits, but without service network cover in reasonable distance , I'd advise against buying a polestar 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking at the Polestar2 very hard for the last year, but afraid to pull the trigger because I am concerned they don't have the necessary infrastructure in the US yet. I'm in Va Beach VA. The closest dealer is in Washington DC - 4 hours away. I don't know anything about the availability of Polestar charging stations in and around Virginia. Heck, I've never even seen a Polestar on the road. I don't know who I would call if I had a flat tire or got in an accident or the car wouldn't start. Maybe, its too soon to buy one??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts