Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Music Services do you use on the Google Assistant?

I have used many in the past and am looking to settle on something. I am not keen on Spotify as it doesn't like to pause, which I find annoying.

Google Music is giving way to You Tube Music...does this work ok on the PS2?

Any other recommendations which work well with the car?

M

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Youtube Music does work on the P*2

How are they giving it away? I see a months free subscription but that's all.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I might be wrong but I think the reference to Google music and You Tube was that Google music is stepping aside in favour of You tube, so giving way rather than giving away. That is how I read it....

·
Registered
'21 p2 / void / oakland, ca
36 Posts
I was a longtime google play music customer and have transitioned over to youtube music. It works great in the p2, the UX is much better than the regular Android Auto UX and the assistant seems reasonably good at parsing my requests.

Reactions: PCR

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean Spotify 'doesn't like to pause' - I don't understand?
I have found on a number of devices that Spotify will pause and then re start on its own accord after a few minutes. Very annoying. I have had this on smart speakers as well as my phone. It was so bad I cancelled the subscription.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was a longtime google play music customer and have transitioned over to youtube music. It works great in the p2, the UX is much better than the regular Android Auto UX and the assistant seems reasonably good at parsing my requests.
Good to hear. I am on YouTube Music on my phone currently, nice to know it will work on the car...it doesn't work on my Bose speaker...grrrr

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
I have found on a number of devices that Spotify will pause and then re start on its own accord after a few minutes. Very annoying. I have had this on smart speakers as well as my phone. It was so bad I cancelled the subscription.
Never once had that problem on any of my devices.

Anyway, as per the other post, YouTube music works great in the car so if you're already using that, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you download music and songs from playlists etc in YouTube music to any HDD in the P*2 and what quality does the music stream / download at please. I’m currently on the free version of YouTube music on my phone as I’ve always been someone who’s bought all my music (iTunes mainly) rather than been stuck to a streaming service!

·
Registered
533 Posts
There are settings to allow local caching which helps when 4g drops, but app won't work if you start without signal so not as useful as it could be. You can manually select quality too, don't think they say what the bitrate is for each tier, but presumably it's 320kb+ at highest rate.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
For me, Spotify has been superb. I've also been surprised at how excellent the reception is with the broadcast radio.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am a long term user of Tidal, mainly because it doesn't compress the hell out of everything.
I was pleasantly surprised the App was available in the Polestar. Unfortunately there is no integration with Google assist, the nice lady is unable to control anything relating to Tidal. Shame as the alternative is inferior in sound quality and incredibly there is no USB option for stored, non MP3 or any other dreadful format, music. Bluetooth is next to useless, no album art, unable to navigate music collection etc. For a car that boasts a premium sound system I am struggling to utilise it easily. It wouldn't surprise me if the latest update didn't address Tidal integration, USB stored music, Bluetooth with all the bells and whistles but instead gave us "surround sound"........ oh hang on..........

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bluetooth is next to useless, no album art, unable to navigate music collection etc.
I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by the Bluetooth media app. Pretty easy to navigate songs & podcasts on my iPhone. I would like album art, but that is apparently coming with AAOS 11.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised by the Bluetooth media app. Pretty easy to navigate songs & podcasts on my iPhone. I would like album art, but that is apparently coming with AAOS 11.
If I was to navigate songs & podcasts on my phone whilst driving I would be breaking the law.🤭

·
Registered
178 Posts
If I was to navigate songs & podcasts on my phone whilst driving I would be breaking the law.🤭
Sorry, I wasn’t clear in my response. My phone stays in my pocket. The folder structure within the BT app in the car is pretty easy to navigate. It’s actually better than how it was implemented in my old BMW i3, where for some reason podcast episodes ended up in folders for other podcasts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry, I wasn’t clear in my response. My phone stays in my pocket. The folder structure within the BT app in the car is pretty easy to navigate. It’s actually better than how it was implemented in my old BMW i3, where for some reason podcast episodes ended up in folders for other podcasts.
Ah I see, I'm not sure the BT app in mine does anything other than allow me to select the next track and adjust the volume once I have selected the track/album/playlist from my phone app. I am still on Android version 9 and using an Android phone.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ah I see, I'm not sure the BT app in mine does anything other than allow me to select the next track and adjust the volume once I have selected the track/album/playlist from my phone app. I am still on Android version 9 and using an Android phone.
Ditto I think... and I'm on v10 in the car

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
113 Posts
Trying out Tidal. Sound quality! We have this great audio system in the car but BlueTooth and compressed audio is all I've been able to get out of if so far. What a shame. Tidal has promise, tho

I wish there was some sort of "line in" option with the USB-C ports. So far, the only way I've been able to play my own music is to upload it into YouTube music. Kind of annoying. I'm still bitter about Google Play Music being shutdown and shuffled off to YouTube Music so I fret to use it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts