Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Uninsured motorist coverage is a must here - I think we have one of the highest rates of uninsured drivers in the country. Just checked: we're number 3! And I live about a mile and a half from the border with #1. 🤪 Per Bankrate.com:

StateUninsured motorist rates by state
Mississippi29.4%
Michigan25.5%
Tennessee23.7%
New Mexico21.8%
Washington21.7%
Florida20.4%
Alabama19.5%
Arkansas19.3%
District of Columbia19.1%
California16.6%
Good lord. The UK has an estimated 4% and that still terrifies me. That's a million cars on the road without any legal protection. 29%!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Good lord. The UK has an estimated 4% and that still terrifies me. That's a million cars on the road without any legal protection. 29%!
Good lord is right! You guys do all kinds of things right that we can't seem to get our heads around. There is no reason on earth that 25% of the people on the road should be able to get drivers licenses or license plates without insurance. Then again, in this country we have "FREEDOM!" -- you don't have to wear a mask, you don't need to get vaccinated, you don't need to get insurance, you don't need a permit or training to carry a gun around, etc. etc. Your free. Who gives a damn about anybody else!!! 🤣 :rolleyes:😳

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
197 Posts
Well nobody is entirely free of Darwin

(oh wait, some states don't allow teaching evolution)

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Well nobody is entirely free of Darwin

(oh wait, some states don't allow teaching evolution)
The sad reality of the pandemic is that Darwin is really at work. Those that are expressing their "freedom" to not care about anyone else are hurting -- and even killing -- themselves in large numbers. It's survival of the smartest 🤣. What is even more bizarre is that politicians that are relying on these voters are pushing them towards detrimental behavior. What smart politician suggests his supporters do things that might thin their numbers??? o_O

·
Registered
Ordered MY 2022 on Friday 13th of August! Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
197 Posts
I am equally baffled, but feel a little nervous having started the digression and will back-off.
Sympathy to Samang, who was unlucky enough to be hit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good lord is right! You guys do all kinds of things right that we can't seem to get our heads around. There is no reason on earth that 25% of the people on the road should be able to get drivers licenses or license plates without insurance. Then again, in this country we have "FREEDOM!" -- you don't have to wear a mask, you don't need to get vaccinated, you don't need to get insurance, you don't need a permit or training to carry a gun around, etc. etc. Your free. Who gives a damn about anybody else!!! 🤣 :rolleyes:😳
This is one of the rare subjects I'll give support for blanket constantly-running ANPR cameras. Similarly whenever I see cars clamped for not paying their road tax (happens fairly frequently around here), it makes my blood boil. Pay your f'ing bills.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In the UK the law is quite unforgiving for driving without insurance.

If the offender is lucky enough to be stopped by a policeman who is going to be nice then the minimum is a fixed penalty of £300 and 6 penalty points. If the offender has history, or decides to be "cocky" then they will find themselves in court, and in which case you're looking at potentially -
The police also have the power to seize, and in some cases, destroy the vehicle that’s being driven uninsured.

Source: Vehicle insurance

I am still amazed that people drive without insurance

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
The police also have the power to seize, and in some cases, destroy the vehicle that’s being driven uninsured.
This sounds more interesting. Because here in the states, a lot of people without insurance also drive without (or with suspended) licenses. Taking away the car would certainly help.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am in CO now. Went to school there. Cant believe we lost to the Ducks today!
That game....going to be a long season while the offense matures and Defensive schemes and coaches get sorted out.

Definitely better scenery in CO!

And Midnight is the best color, no need to change it.

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well here is the estimate.
P*2 not in the database yet, so they used an S60 T8 Polestar to calculate labor.
New tow hitch is needs to be installed. There is another notation for: Estimate has been prepared based on a visual inspection & is subject to disassembly. Very curious if the tow hitch is impacted, what about where the tow hitch is mounted...
Another interesting finding. my Vin xxx013xxx was manuf 09/20. So the car sat around for a 11 months before delivery (08/21). Guess Geely/Volvo/Polestar put a lot of money in inventory for the launch...

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Well here is the estimate.
P*2 not in the database yet, so they used an S60 T8 Polestar to calculate labor.
New tow hitch is needs to be installed. There is another notation for: Estimate has been prepared based on a visual inspection & is subject to disassembly. Very curious if the tow hitch is impacted, what about where the tow hitch is mounted...
Another interesting finding. my Vin xxx013xxx was manuf 09/20. So the car sat around for a 11 months before delivery (08/21). Guess Geely/Volvo/Polestar put a lot of money in inventory for the launch...

View attachment 7585
This is cheap from my perspective. Particularly for the labor rates.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hope your paint matching is less problematic than when my bumper was replaced - a magnesium match is a bit of challenge. As my repairs were covered by an insured driver who admitted liability, I never got to see the costs. I would prefer to be in that position than having to deal with uninsured drivers. 8 days to my insurance renewal, however, (Polestar for 1 year already!) so will be interesting to see how the market is viewing the cars now that there will be a few accident repairs on the databases.

Reactions: samang

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree with @JRRF. This looks pretty comparable to the cost to repair my hybrid Jetta rear bumper when I got rear ended a few years back
About how much it cost to fix my 2010 Prius when it was rear-ended years ago, and I didnt have a trailer hitch.

·
Registered
2021 Swedish Blue/Leather/Tow/19"
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well guys.
i have a suspicion there will be more once they get into the car.
waiting for allstate to approve payments. Process got stuck as Caliber Collision was the approved adjuster, and despite Caliver sending me to Volvo, no one told Allstate that. Good thing i followed up with Allstate. Now it is moving forward.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts