Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....not mine of course! That's still a way off yet. But more of you are receiving your shiny new Polestar 2 all the time. And we've heard about a number of troubling issues & niggles. But what is great about it? Anything cool surprised you that the reviewers missed? And what questions have you been asked by strangers about your new car?
Share the positives! Let us forget battery drain & blinding oncomers in this thread :cool::ROFLMAO:🥀

·
Registered
398 Posts
Things we like but take for granted almost:
Quiet
Acceleration
Comfort
Road holding
Looks, styling, "presence", build quality
People looking at it!

We were parked in a supermarket car park and an Audi driver was looking at the car, but pretending not to, if you know what I mean. Eventually he could contain himself no longer and strolled over and asked what is was, etc. Departed with the intention of finding out more!

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's encouraging as many of the others who've received their cars have found that feature disabled...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yesterday was Day 1 for me :)

Headlights - angled down, in fact slightly lower than other cars I've driven, but so clean and bright it wasn't a problem. Pixel function works well.
Battery alert came up once but only once, I also had a service alert once for the parking brake.
Google in the car needs a few settings tweaked to make it properly useful - you need to enable the personal information setting to be able to ask it to "Get me home" for example.
Boot is a great size and with the rear seats down has a nice flat floor. Haven't tried out the shopping bag holder yet - maybe a trip to the super market is in order :)
Rapid charging from an Ionity charger was a surprising pleasure - the charger was on free service for now although it was only supplying at 50kw it did so all the way from 39% to 80% adding about 30kWh in37 minutes. At plugsurfing rates that's a £23.70 charge I got for free :)
Car arrived covered in dust so a trip to Halford to buy buckets, shampoo and a wash mitt was in order - actually washing it will be a today task.
The acceleration is amazing for someone who's only experience of a BEV is the old school Leaf - and I was happy with the Leaf's when I rented them!
Keys - the locking and unlocking with the physical keys is a bit random. Will have a play later but I wasn't comfortable with the little stub key on its own so ended up taking the big key too.
Did around 160 miles yesterday with a mixture of smaller back roads, A roads and Motorway. Very happy overall :)

1 - 20 of 195 Posts