Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
That’s the “start of time” which means when it hit the time it retrieved a ‘0’ or empty/null value.

While they may or may not be using PHP on their backend it’s the same problem. My guess is that they are indeed using PHP because a reasonable language would have produced an error and is one reason PHP is a terrible technology.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s the “start of time” which means when it hit the time it retrieved a ‘0’ or empty/null value.

While they may or may not be using PHP on their backend it’s the same problem. My guess is that they are indeed using PHP because a reasonable language would have produced an error and is one reason PHP is a terrible technology.
Woah! Today I learned.

·
Registered
'22 PS2 LRDM / Magnesium / Pilot / Plus
61 Posts
Either that or they return a timestamp for the date and 0 for "no date available yet" except the frontend guy never got the memo and so now we have time travel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Either that or they return a timestamp for the date and 0 for "no date available yet" except the frontend guy never got the memo and so now we have time travel.
That would be an error on the backend as zero is a valid value as far as the front end is concerned. It should have returned something else or its api is crap.

Without actually debugging it (something I’m not interested in as I retired for a reason) it’s hard to know where the error/s are. But it is a time stamp somewhere that is being set to 0. My guess is that the time zone of the delivery destination is also not properly accounted for or handled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how was the car? …. 😂😂😂
Not good, unfortunately. It turns out that someone put an order for my car before me and got dibs. Polestar's online system can't keep up with people ordering the same pre-configured cars I guess.

On a positive note, my custom configured 2023 P2 in Magnesium will be ready next month so I won't have to wait too much longer I hope!

·
Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
52 Posts
1969 sounds very nice. :love:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts