Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go get in my car at 9 am. Low tire pressure passenger rear. I head to put some air in it.... A bit later I realized I need a plug or patch not thinking these are run flat tires..

Long story short,. No one will plug or patch and no one not even the dealership has these tires in stock.

I ended up having to drive the car to Prinston Volvo ( 1 hour drive north). Put air in twice... thank God they gave me a loaner car. Tires won't be in for two days.

So I never thought about the pain in the ass when no one has the tires your car takes... And it's a real hassle driving 2 hours round trip when something like this happens.....

Keep that in mind if your thinking about a beautiful PS2....

馃槃

Registered
Not sure which tires you have but I've got the tires standard with the performance pack version (Continental SportContact).

One unfortunately fell victim to a screw in the tread area. Discount Tire was able to plug it no problem which is usually the case when it's punctured on that side.

Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
I ordered one extra Continental SportContact to keep in my garage, I waited 6 weeks for this tire. Now that I've worn them down I have a full set of all-season tires waiting for the swap.

Registered
So I go get in my car at 9 am. Low tire pressure passenger rear. I head to put some air in it.... A bit later I realized I need a plug or patch not thinking these are run flat tires..

Long story short,. No one will plug or patch and no one not even the dealership has these tires in stock.

I ended up having to drive the car to Prinston Volvo ( 1 hour drive north). Put air in twice... thank God they gave me a loaner car. Tires won't be in for two days.

So I never thought about the pain in the ass when no one has the tires your car takes... And it's a real hassle driving 2 hours round trip when something like this happens.....

Keep that in mind if your thinking about a beautiful PS2....

馃槃
I had a similar situation that happened a few weeks ago as well.

I assume they would come to you (according to Roadside Assistance) but it really depends on the severity of the situation... So I booked a shop with local Polestar (represented by a local dealer group with exotic cars here in Toronto) as the shop had closed.

They investigated and kept me posted every step of the way. Show me the nail and where it occurred and got my word before patching it (it was in the middle so it was serviceable if it was on the sidewall they couldn't fix it). They also took care of noisy dampers and I asked to set them to comfort (factory for me was 10 front/10 back so we set it accordingly to 18 front/ 20 back). Overall it was a great experience but I live in the city and was only a 10-minute drive away. Also, I did not have to pay for anything.

I feel all our experience may vary as all Polestar spaces across Canada or the US are represented by some other dealership group and not directly with Polestar (maybe Euro is different).

Registered
There are plenty of tires available in this size that can be put on the car. For a 2 hour drive it might have been worth it to replace 2/4 with a different tire.

Registered
2021 Snow PP, Barley Leather Int., Tow Package
I've got the PP and don't believe they are RF. You can plug any tire and anybody that tells you that you can't has no business in the automotive business. Only time a plug is unsafe is when its too close to the sidewall. My Infiniti Q50 came equipped with Bridgestone run flats and I plugged them a few times before replacing them because its cheaper. By a plug kit and keep it in the hatch, they are cheap and super easy to do. You can take it to a tire shop for them to cover it with a patch after your back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts