Polestar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm quite excited about the delivery of my P2 2022 version (DM + Pilot + Plus), next week (Oct 21st). I didn't think they would manage to deliver it so quickly as I only finished the order on Aug 30th!

Anyway, what should I look for? For example with all the news about chip shortage, would it miss some of the features? Any experience with that?

Edit: fixed the dates

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm guessing you meant October 21st?

My list is by no means exhaustive, but some things I looked extra for.

Panel alignment, especially the trunk. The left side seems to be lower on many cars, mine included.
Fog in and alignment of head lights.
Scrapes on the piano gloss center piece by the gear selector.
All extras are included, like mats, first aid kit etc...
Paint scratches.
Make sure they help you set up the keys and phone as key. It can be a little finicky as several privacy settings need to be changed.

Edit: Test the tow hitch if you have it and the hands free boot opener, just in case.

Most of all: Congratulations with a brand new car!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The configurator mentions some vehicles may not have the handsfree (leg kick) lift gate function due to the chip shortage, it will be added later when more chips are available.

I don't remember seeing that disclaimer when I ordered in September, so it may be a more recent thing? In which case yours should be good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm quite excited about the delivery of my P2 2022 version (DM + Pilot + Plus), next week (Oct 21st). I didn't think they would manage to deliver it so quickly as I only finished the order on Aug 30th!

Anyway, what should I look for? For example with all the news about chip shortage, would it miss some of the features? Any experience with that?

Edit: fixed the dates
Was this preconfigured? I ordered mine (DM, Pilot, Plus) early july and I do not even received a delivery date yet.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
359 Posts
There are plenty of posts about delivery check lists on this forum. My suggestion is to not stress yourself out about going through a check list as you look over the vehicle.
Take a drive with the delivery representative. Have a good look at things. If the car feels good driving you are 90% of the way there. The couple of small issues I had were apparent after thousands of km of driving.

We are all excited for you, enjoy. Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was this preconfigured? I ordered mine (DM, Pilot, Plus) early july and I do not even received a delivery date yet.
Wow, that's a long delay! No, mine was not preconfigured. When I ordered it, initially the delivery date was unknown, then it changed to Jan for a while and then again it changed to Nov. Till only a few days ago it was still saying Nov and then suddenly things started to move fast and I got the final delivery for next week. I was so sure that it will not be ready in Oct that I didn't even start to look for selling my current car 😅

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
2,024 Posts
Mine was delivered last year on October 21st. Hopefully that's where the similarity ends & yours isn't towed away on the 22nd!
(Don't be scared, still the best car I ever owned)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, that's a long delay! No, mine was not preconfigured. When I ordered it, initially the delivery date was unknown, then it changed to Jan for a while and then again it changed to Nov. Till only a few days ago it was still saying Nov and then suddenly things started to move fast and I got the final delivery for next week. I was so sure that it will not be ready in Oct that I didn't even start to look for selling my current car 😅
Hey Polestar Space Zürich, you read here? I guess the now upset customer can be smoothed by putting some additionals in his trunk or adding some balance on his Plugsurfing card.

@ AlefSin my delivery date in the beginning was announced for October, however it changed to November after a couple weeks. I am a bit surprised when yours ordered 6 weeks after mine was moved from January to November and now it is Ocober.

9 out of 10 are ok with bullying i guess 🥴

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine was delivered last year on October 21st. Hopefully that's where the similarity ends & yours isn't towed away on the 22nd!
(Don't be scared, still the best car I ever owned)
Yikes! What was the issue? How long did it take to fix?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Polestar Space Zürich, you read here? I guess the now upset customer can be smoothed by putting some additionals in his trunk or adding some balance on his Plugsurfing card.

@ AlefSin my delivery date in the beginning was announced for October, however it changed to November after a couple weeks. I am a bit surprised when yours ordered 6 weeks after mine was moved from January to November and now it is Ocober.

9 out of 10 are ok with bullying i guess 🥴
If it makes any difference, I live in Vaud and ordered mine to be delivered to the Geneva polestar space. I ordered the "Thunder" color. What color is yours? Maybe that's a point of difference; otherwise it seems we have ordered identical configurations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it makes any difference, I live in Vaud and ordered mine to be delivered to the Geneva polestar space. I ordered the "Thunder" color. What color is yours? Maybe that's a point of difference; otherwise it seems we have ordered identical configurations.
I don't think it is a difference if it is for Geneva or Zürich. Both our cars are at the end for the same target market "Switzerland". The only thing which I could imagine is they produced some spare cars and yours fitted exact in one of this, or another one cancelled his order for the same configuration where you got the production slot. Mine will be in Midnight and with a towbar.

I think now with my configuration, the color and the order date, the P*ZH center should know in which trunk they have to put the additionals :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it is a difference if it is for Geneva or Zürich. Both our cars are at the end for the same target market "Switzerland". The only thing which I could imagine is they produced some spare cars and yours fitted exact in one of this, or another one cancelled his order for the same configuration where you got the production slot. Mine will be in Midnight and with a towbar.

I think now with my configuration, the color and the order date, the P*ZH center should know in which trunk they have to put the additionals :cool:
Yes it makes sense. I have a confession to make though: after I made the order and payed the 1000 CHF deposit, I contacted them to modify the order to change the color to Midnight and add a towbar 😅 They answered that I had to cancel the whole thing and create a new order. I felt too lazy to do that.... so I guess I would have to wait longer in the end if I was not that lazy 😄

1 - 15 of 15 Posts