Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The question I am asking myself at this point is whether 5 weeks of non-use will have a negative impact on the batteries?
Unless the battery drains out below, say, 5%, the battery should be fine, and I doubt very much they'd let that happen during shipping.

Reactions: Jfd4000

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
881 Posts
I assume no more info from the shop about how your car's progress?
IIRC meant to get fixed next week?

Do you have any sense of the rate of this issue in Germany?
Based on that article, I estimated ~2% rate of this.

Trawling through the polestar.fans forum and others I can't tell if it's a problem that is still present, getting fixed, or still in the 🤷‍♂️ stage.

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Indeed no news, week 41 starts next Monday, I will of course get back in touch with them. I am in Belgium, but I have no idea how large the problem is.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This roll out is such a disaster. You can’t order a car, figure out when you will get a car or log on to the only means of accessing your order. Customer service knows nothing about the process or how it works to get a car. I don’t know how much it will cost. The range dropped (a lot) from what they claimed for over a year. Reliability may be garbage. Software incomplete.

Um, why the hell am I buying this car and how do I stop myself from making this stupid mistake? I‘ve been laughing at Tesla boards because I knew my Swedish engineered Polestar would be so much better. What a clown show.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Um, why the hell am I buying this car and how do I stop myself from making this stupid mistake? I‘ve been laughing at Tesla boards because I knew my Swedish engineered Polestar would be so much better. What a clown show.
It's hard to stop yourself because there aren't a lot of good options out there. Three years from now no new entrant will be able to get away with this because the market will pass them by.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I
It's hard to stop yourself because there aren't a lot of good options out there. Three years from now no new entrant will be able to get away with this because the market will pass them by.
Yea, I guess that is where I am. I would look at the Mustang, but I can’t wait that long. I may snap soon though.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
881 Posts
I was near your level of fedupness on Tuesday. Then I got the finalization email yesterday. I would like things to progress further and will probably ping tomorrow (a credit check takes 5 min to run...). But for now I’ve calmed down.

to me, based on international forum trawling, I think there def have been issues, but they seem to affect a small minority of cars. The numbers quoted in that article translate to about 2% and the German forum perceives the rate of issues as less in Germany compared to Norway/Sweden. We will see soon what happens in the UK; our British friends don’t seem to take errors or build quality issues lightly. Something about stiff lips or such.
So the overall rate, to me, is small and seems to be getting lower the longer they’ve been at it.

that said all your objections are valid. they have screwed a number of things up.
And I am within 20 min of one Space, 40 min of a PopUp, 1hr of another Space, and within a bike ride of a Volvo dealer who’s getting the XC40 recharge. And I still have a perfectly serviceable ICE as a backup if all goes to hell. So easy for me to say.

But if you want a legit nice EV with >200 mi range, you’re looking at the P*2, IPace, or etron. TM3 ain’t premium/luxury. Neither is the Niro Premium trim. And the etron barely gets 200mi while being more expensive. The IPace is still more expensive and has its own niggles. Mustang is TBD and not here yet. Else you have to wait 1-2 years for the other (likely even more expensive) options to come.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yes, I am very close to repacking this car. All my user journey has been strewn with pitfalls, the announcement of the 500 km target, the confirmation of 440 WLTP with the PP, from the order, to the confirmation, the signing of the contract, the unreactive support, the incomplete delivery and then the global breakdown. I'm realising all the cognitive biases that made me choose this car and wonder if I've done the most expensive mistake of my life.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
653 Posts
I'm realising all the cognitive biases that made me choose this car and wonder if I've done the most expensive mistake of my life.
Clearly you've never been divorced!!
Let's hope they manage to put right everything that they can mechanically.
Economy figures are always enthusiastically massaged. Always have been.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Clearly you've never been divorced!!
Let's hope they manage to put right everything that they can mechanically.
Economy figures are always enthusiastically massaged. Always have been.
🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Not at the moment, but I promise to give you news as soon as I have it ;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Well now it's official, here's the mail I received today. I just want to make it clear that I am posting this in a positive perspective and to inform and share with other Polestar users. It can be seen here that Polestar has finally taken action, so don't panic ;-)

(automatic translation ... [At Polestar, your safety is our top priority. In addition to thorough testing and monitoring during production, we constantly monitor our vehicles for possible malfunctions or problems. We study all reports on a daily basis and make finding solutions our priority.

Research into 2 specific problems that affected a very small number of Polestar 2s led us to take the decision to issue 2 safety recalls on a selection of cars in Belgium. Including your Polestar 2.

The first problem that could affect your car is a safety issue. This involves a loss of propulsion while driving, causing your car to brake suddenly. If this happens, your steering and brakes, as well as the main safety features, will remain functional. You must activate the car's SOS function, using the button on your overhead console, to request roadside assistance.

Due to the nature of these problems, and to ensure your safety, your car requires a manual software update, which should be carried out as soon as possible at an authorised Polestar service point.

The second problem does not have a security incident. We have discovered that your car's headlights may have been incorrectly adjusted during the preparation of your car prior to delivery to the Polestar Handover Center. As a result, the low beam headlights may be shining too brightly, which can dazzle oncoming vehicles. The solution to this problem is to manually adjust the headlights to the correct level. This setting will be inspected and, if necessary, adjusted as part of the activity required for the safety recall mentioned above. The entire procedure (i.e., software update and headlight adjustment) takes up to 90 minutes.

A physical copy of this e-mail will be sent to you.

In order to ensure that updates are carried out as quickly as possible, we invite you to book an interview with your nearest Polestar service point. You will find the contact information for your Polestar Service Point here. We recommend that you make an appointment as soon as possible.]....

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
881 Posts
Well now it's official, here's the mail I received today. I just want to make it clear that I am posting this in a positive perspective and to inform and share with other Polestar users. It can be seen here that Polestar has finally taken action, so don't panic ;-)

(automatic translation ... [At Polestar, your safety is our top priority. In addition to thorough testing and monitoring during production, we constantly monitor our vehicles for possible malfunctions or problems. We study all reports on a daily basis and make finding solutions our priority.

Research into 2 specific problems that affected a very small number of Polestar 2s led us to take the decision to issue 2 safety recalls on a selection of cars in Belgium. Including your Polestar 2.

The first problem that could affect your car is a safety issue. This involves a loss of propulsion while driving, causing your car to brake suddenly. If this happens, your steering and brakes, as well as the main safety features, will remain functional. You must activate the car's SOS function, using the button on your overhead console, to request roadside assistance.

Due to the nature of these problems, and to ensure your safety, your car requires a manual software update, which should be carried out as soon as possible at an authorised Polestar service point.

The second problem does not have a security incident. We have discovered that your car's headlights may have been incorrectly adjusted during the preparation of your car prior to delivery to the Polestar Handover Center. As a result, the low beam headlights may be shining too brightly, which can dazzle oncoming vehicles. The solution to this problem is to manually adjust the headlights to the correct level. This setting will be inspected and, if necessary, adjusted as part of the activity required for the safety recall mentioned above. The entire procedure (i.e., software update and headlight adjustment) takes up to 90 minutes.

A physical copy of this e-mail will be sent to you.

In order to ensure that updates are carried out as quickly as possible, we invite you to book an interview with your nearest Polestar service point. You will find the contact information for your Polestar Service Point here. We recommend that you make an appointment as soon as possible.]....
did you kindly let them know of the location of your P*2 in their garage and not yours?

supposed to come back this week?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
did you kindly let them know of the location of your P*2 in their garage and not yours?

supposed to come back this week?
I have just received the answer from the garage: disassembled car ready to receive the part that has not yet arrived. And yes, my garage is desperately empty... I hope this "interlude" will be over this week ...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have just received the answer from the garage: disassembled car ready to receive the part that has not yet arrived. And yes, my garage is desperately empty... I hope this "interlude" will be over this week ...
Is this just you, or is this part of the recall? Because this is not just sw, and I don't recall the recall mentioning anything about parts needed.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts