Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
According to the general conditions I can ask for a refund, because I meet both conditions: I have driven less than 1,000 km (998 !) and I didnt have it for at least 14 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In addition, I just received a message from Polestar support saying that there is an error with the vehicle registration certificate...
I have had the same message but haven’t had any other feedback since that message. I also checked my vehicle registration form and it seems to be correct. Maybe the mail was sent by accident.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
The problem is that they mentioned 1x150kw instead of 2x150kw motors. No feedback neither since then. Perhaps yours is correct?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problem is that they mentioned 1x150kw instead of 2x150kw motors. No feedback neither since then. Perhaps yours is correct?
I've just had mine towed away - 1,148 miles (no refund there) on the clock and towed post recall last week, where a software update was induced. The engineer who picked up the P2 today said that this was the second case that he'd seen, the customer services operative could not give any explanation. The car stated that there was a fault with the propulsion system, non functioning full beam lights, and automatic window wiper fault.

🤬

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry to hear this, it does seem that for a very small %age of us the whole thing turns to crap. Polestar cannot continue to ignore the number and variety of problems otherwise their street cred will be zero and more orders will be cancelled. You may still have grounds to reject under the 'not fit for purpose' legislation but that can be a minefield.
The other thing that pisses me off is that you never get any explanation from Polestar about what happens to our cars when they go into Volvo because its "warranty work". They also don't want to explain because folks may start putting 2 and 2 together!
I suspect there are a lot of 12v issues that are creating erroneous errors, a bit like the Ampera and a certain other margue...
hope you get sorted!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Continuation and I hope soon the end of my adventure. You have seen the press release reported by polerad and these topics are now also explicitly listed on the faq of the Belgian Polestar site. The handover called me this late afternoon. The TWO inverters will be replaced, the HVCH, as well as the OTA update modules. It's the beginning of the end of a pretty stressful time: I was wondering if I hadn't made a big mistake by buying this car that I adore like many of you. I don't want to raise false hope but my contact also hinted to me that the app would arrive sooner than expected...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
End of episode 1 and hopefully the whole season 1! After 11 weeks I finally parked the P2 in front of my house. I had forgotten its animal beauty. Everything has been done, updates and replacements recommended. I hope that season 2 will be the right one. In any case, it's going to be a RE-discovery...

·
Registered
108 Posts
End of episode 1 and hopefully the whole season 1! After 11 weeks I finally parked the P2 in front of my house. I had forgotten its animal beauty. Everything has been done, updates and replacements recommended. I hope that season 2 will be the right one. In any case, it's going to be a RE-discovery...
Were you able to keep the replacement car for the entire 11 weeks ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Polestar 2 has had a bad day. It was all prepared for a day's hard work - boot fully loaded last night with tools and equipment for a day's gardening work at my mother in law's house. It was charged overnight for multiple journeys today. It was cold and wet so I remembered to Pre-condition. I went into the car and instead of being at 80% charge it had carried on to 100%. No worries, this has happened before and no issues. I went to get the family ready, came back and found the I had multiple error messages flashing up on the driver's screen (including 12volt battery error) - and rather challenging telling me to pull the gear lever all the way; then carrying out a system test, do not move the car. Remembering comments about resetting the car and letting it sleep it off - especially the high speed cooling fans - I transferred everything into my daughter's little i10 and we headed off to do the work. On return, same issue was evident so called Polestar support. Long story short I have had multiple calls back and everything in hand for a hire car, transport to Volvo Edinburgh etc,. Irony, the car is booked in there for the "big recall" on 1st December - we are just not going to make under our own propulsion. I would like to thank the forum for all the information in advance - I felt I knew exactly what was happening - in both the car and the recovery. I was grateful for that, and that the car was in my driveway thus not stranding me somewhere "awkward"!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
At least it bumped you up the queue for the rework!

·
Registered
68 Posts
At least it bumped you up the queue for the rework!

Fingers crossed (a bit like yourself for delivery?!). Just got my temporary hire car - a white Tesla Model S with black leather. The short drive back encouraged me that I have definitely made the right choice with a Polestar 2.;) However, my P2, in magnesium, alarm was going off when I got back :eek:. A bit like a jealous petulant dog when a puppy is brought into the house?!:unsure:
So my Polestar is apparently going through the list of issues now having saved them up for a nearly two months.

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Oh dear! Cars do have a habit of throwing a tantrum at the worst possible times!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
122 Posts
My car is booked in for the recall work on Wednesday at Volvo Bedford......

Popped out last night to try out the newly found “curry hook”..... got back into the car, Curry hanging nicely, and 😱 12v error message!!

The message was only on the screen briefly and I got home safe. But I’m scared to use it now ahead of the recall which thankfully is this week.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine has been collected for the recall work to be done commencing tomorrow at MK.
However I am not sure if anyone else has this problem though. My car is kept on the drive which slopes back towards the house. When I get ready to set off after putting it into drive and take my foot off the brake to engage the accelerator it rolls back about 4 ins before the automatic break kicks in. Seems to to this every time. They are going to have a look at this but not sure if it is another Polestar thing or just my car. Any comments?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts