Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Congrats. I'd say, let me see how you drive for a while (say ~20 years). My teenage daughter, passing her test last year, drove it on private roads. She was giggling all over. Loved it and said her 1.0 Polo will never be quite the same. Think it made her appreciate the technology, and whats to come...

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
Congrats to your son @Omaniac
Personally, if I鈥檇 been let loose in this car, aged 17, the car would be wrecked within the week. All the wonderful Volvo safety features would be tested to their limits too.
Our company fleet insurance policy has always been the same -anyone can drive anything with our permission. But for the P2 it鈥檚 clear- only over 30鈥檚 and no novice drivers of any age.
Food for thought.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soon he can start the car with my phone... We have done a lot of practice driving, both on motorcycles and cars. He has his own car, I use it now while I wait for my PS. I will insure the PS for drivers below 26 years so he can drive it if needed.
I don鈥檛 mind him driving it, it鈥檚 just the thought of 4 more teenagers in the car that bugs me.
I Norway there is no restricted licence when you are a new driver, no rules against against open bottles of alcohol in the car, no rules against number of passengers, etc. Once you are sertified, you are sertified.
We have a 2 year probation period where you get double penalty points if you break the rules, but that鈥檚 it.

Premium Member
I think, depending on the kid and the friends, driving with friends is where it gets dangerous because, of course, you want to show off the car.

And when something starts going wrong, they don't have the experience to correct the problem before it gets worse.

So, yeah, depends.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know. I have already prepared him for this.
He did 200 km yesterday with his friends in his car. Full winter outside, snow, ice, slippery roads. We have done a lot of driving in conditions like this, so he manages well. Unlike the Texans. :)
We will see when my PS arrives. 12 days and counting.

Registered
I鈥檝e got two teenager sons and the insurance for them is 拢1700 on a fiesta 1.0 in the Uk with a black box fitted. Can鈥檛 imagine what it would be on the P2. My last car was an M4 and this came up with no offeres for them !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With my bonus and allowed to be driven by drivers below the age of 26, I end up around 600 pounds per year.

Registered
Mine was going to cost around 拢155 extra to put my eldest on who is 24 which I didn't think was too bad.
He is 25 in June so may put him on then, we will see.
He is likely to only drive it with us in the car anyway but he is careful so not too worried.
I wouldn't insure a driver under 20 anyway even if allowed as they just don't have the experience (some exceptions) and it is just too quick. Besides they then have nothing to look forward to and the car they can drive is so sloooooow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is 18. He is on the insurance so it doesn鈥檛 prohibit him from driving it. I will be necessary from time to time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts