Polestar Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guys who have had test drives..... just remembered about the seat side bolsters (thanks to Arjos comments). What did others think? Supportive around corners or roundabouts? Comfy based on short drive?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Has anyone seen Magnesium in the flesh? I hope its looks more than just 'dirty white'!
It was actually a magnesium one I drove yesterday and I have to admit I could barely tell it apart from Snow under the warehouse lighting. Outside I couldn’t really see it because I was in it. 🤣

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Has anyone seen Magnesium in the flesh? I hope its looks more than just 'dirty white'!
I've seen a Volvo with the same colour. Looks like a good light silver. Can't say I've seen it in every light but didn't looks like a washed out white.

Was the left foot foot support a decent size and position or did you need to shuffle your left foot around to get a comfortable position?
The whole setting position was very pleasant. My right foot was nicely on the peddle without it feeling I had to hold it slight left of right to access the acceleration peddle. My Left foot slotted nicely onto the foot rest which for me was a decent size (I'm a Size 9 shoe) but also seemed to have more space above it for big footer's.

I set my seat up so I was originally comfortable with both feet resting nicely, and then adjusted the steering wheel and mirrors to suit. Now I sit like Ali G interviewing the Queen ... I.e. my legs are spread and my knees go out as far as I can. So about 10mins into the drive I noted my knee was moaning about a hard edge rubbing on it. I then noticed it was that little storage area - oddly if they hadn't added that little slot (and it is little ... like some glasses, pens, or change, etc..) then it would have been no problem.

So I tried lifting the seat a little higher ... but then my knee rubbed on the higher part that runs along the centre console. Hmmm ... so I lowered the seat. This worked, my knee wasn't rubbing in any painful way, but then my foot wasn't sitting on the foot rest in a comfortable way.

Grrr ... ok so some more adjusting and I nearly had it , but we was turning off the motorway where I'd been doing most of these adjustments (it was heavy traffic and we hadn't gone above 60mph). Some country roads latter and we pulled over to swap drivers. I had a little more play with the Steering wheel as my new seat position had meant I was now not right in the arm department - however the wheel has a lot of adjustment up and down, in and out, so I was sure I could make it work. Unfortunately my wife was giving me those lazer eyes of hers, so I jumped out to let her drive so I never got to finally test my final configuration.

There is a lot of movement in the seats and the steering wheel, so as stated I'm sure I can find a good spot.

My wife sits a lot straighter with her legs, so she didn't even notice this issue at all.

Sidetracking a little: ...
I do the whole "turning on people's heated seats while we drive" game ... well it's a game to me but an annoyance to my passengers. Now I'll be able to do this while I'm not even in the car 😂🤣

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Guys who have had test drives..... just remembered about the seat side bolsters (thanks to Arjos comments). What did others think? Supportive around corners or roundabouts? Comfy based on short drive?
There was no adjustment that I could find, normally it's spin the little wheel clockwise/anticlockwise or an up/down recessed button.

I just checked and no side bolster adjustment.

However, they held me ok and were not digging into my ribs either. BUT please note I'm an XXL shirt guy, so I have a little girth ... and in any car with these side bolsters I'm normally pushed them all the way out. I know my mates S4 and RS5 I can't sit them for long as they dig into my back too much.

If you are very thin and need side adjustment to get cosy, then you will need to test drive for yourself.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Unfortunately my wife was giving me those lazer eyes of hers,
Enough said! I know that well (from mine, not yours :oops:).

Presumably all the electrically controlled seat settings are saved to the profile active and the time and will be recalled automatically when the vehicle is next unlocked by that phone or key profile? However the steering wheel will need to be manually positioned as it is manually adjusted.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Presumably all the electrically controlled seat settings are saved to the profile active and the time and will be recalled automatically when the vehicle is next unlocked by that phone or key profile? However the steering wheel will need to be manually positioned as it is manually adjusted.
Steering Wheel = Manual

Seats :
  • There are two memory seat buttons you can use, or
  • Via the Polestar Connect app & Bluetooth on your phone for the Driver.
The Key Fob doesn't link seat settings.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Let's face it. Tesla only has a tiny slice of the car market. So there is still a huge opportunity for Polestar or others to attract more conventional buyers to EVs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I agree, now that people understand what Tesla offer, and what they don't (!), and there is an increasing choice out there. In the UK Tesla's attitude to customers is widely regarded as arrogant and bullying, and very much take-it-or-leave-it. They have service and support shortcomings here too, and a perceived poor build quality. The supercharger network is unquestionable though.
The Korean/Chinese manufacturers have a more traditional approach to car selling, and i'm guessing the European EV manufacturers will follow the traditional approach when they start flooding the car market with EV's. Long may it continue that you can walk into a dealership and actually kick tyres rather than just buy online blindly. It will be interesting how the Mach-E takes off in the US, and in the UK. It's gonna be what we call a 'marmite' car - you either love it or hate it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Let's face it. Tesla only has a tiny slice of the car market. So there is still a huge opportunity for Polestar or others to attract more conventional buyers to EVs.
Agreed...As they say in this article, Polestar research has found Tesla buyers are less interested in cross-shopping EVs - they want Teslas. They are more going after the market from BMW, Audi, MB....https://finance.yahoo.com/news/polestar-2-electric-vehicle-first-drive-122633004.html

·
Registered
598 Posts
Agreed...As they say in this article, Polestar research has found Tesla buyers are less interested in cross-shopping EVs - they want Teslas. They are more going after the market from BMW, Audi, MB....https://finance.yahoo.com/news/polestar-2-electric-vehicle-first-drive-122633004.html
Judging from who’s on these forums, at least for the early adopters, seems they’re succeeding!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sorry folks, another question:
did the cars you tested have the pedestrian low speed warning enabled, and if so how did it sound?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts