Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally took delivery of my P*2 last Monday and covered circa 130miles since mainly commuter traffic but free flowing and these are my initial thoughts:
Cons.
Delivered with Android 9 when 10 is available.
Windscreen wiper knocks on full opening ( this will drive me crazy)
Mirrors don't fold on locking
Manual doesn't open from the infosystem

Pros:
PP dampeners set to my liking; the test vehicle I drove was awful, making me nervous about ride quality.
Headlights are by far the best I've encountered on a vehicle, the auto smart main beam is a game changer for visibility in the dark on unlit roads and amazing for spotting potholes on our well maintained UK roads.
Performance is real world fast, point and squirt weapon and more engaging on B roads than you imagine for something that weighs 2.2 tonnes.
Economy £12 (£0.15k/wh) fuel cost compared to £50 for a similar performance ICE vehicle.
Build quality is excellent , on par with Audi.

One thing to also add is regards the stereo, the output quality is definitely down to streaming quality and compression rates, I had a B&O system in my last car which was awesome when using a CD but the quality deteriorated when going to SD card and then again when going to streaming apps.

Overall very impressed, hopefully sort the niggles out at some point but it's not dampening the experience.

Peace out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The folding mirrors is a setting somewhere I believe. Mine fold in, but not very much. After looking at the car from a distance the other day, I wondered if it's because there may be less point to folding further due to the width of the wings.

The Android version should be updated soon, possibly by a dealer visit. When you take it in for the wiper issue? That would really bug me too!

The manual is fixable by you removing the Android Webview update. There are instructions somewhere on the forum. Also PSCS can talk you through it I think. Not a real food I guess, but works for now.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I guess his point is, since the update has been out a few weeks, why didn't they supply the car with it already updated rather than have him drive to a Volvo dealer to get it?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Because he will get OTA at the same time as the rest of us in a week or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am I wrong in assuming that the OTA will only work if your WiFi connection works? Or will it complete over 4g?
That's another thing that doesn't work - the WiFi.
FYI P* delayed my delivery as they had to replace the windscreen wiper motor due to it being deemed faulty at the pre- delivery inspection so opportunity was available to.complete the update.

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
That's my understanding as well. It will download in the background and notify us when it's ready to go.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
If they replaced the windscreen wiper motor, I'd say they didn't reset the mechanism correctly so it's travelling further than it should. They should be able to sort this quickly at a Volvo dealership; careless though!

WiFi is generally not working in the version you have, but is fixed in the next one. It will update fine over 4G so no cause for concern. They are supposedly rolling out OTA updates to everyone over the next week or two.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
Because he will get OTA at the same time as the rest of us in a week or two.
Maybe... Maybe not. Someone of the UK Facebook group received their car in the past couple of days and it was on the September update. Which really is not acceptable as that means a definite visit to a dealer for that owner - they should be updating them prior to delivery.

·
Super Moderator
1,354 Posts
One thing to also add is regards the stereo, the output quality is definitely down to streaming quality and compression rates, I had a B&O system in my last car which was awesome when using a CD but the quality deteriorated when going to SD card and then again when going to streaming apps.
If you're using Spotify, make sure you hit the cog and change the bitrate to high. Also, this won't affect stuff that you've already listened to as it's cached, so you might want to delete and re-install the app, then hit the cog and make sure it's on high, then start listening.

Also, have a look at my EQ settings on the link below - lots of people like them. Hit the reset button at the bottom before you start - trust me on this... I know it sounds weird.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Maybe... Maybe not. Someone of the UK Facebook group received their car in the past couple of days and it was on the September update. Which really is not acceptable as that means a definite visit to a dealer for that owner - they should be updating them prior to delivery.
Yeah I saw that ... I actually wondered if these were "pre-configured" cars the leasing company had brought then passed on. But still should be shipped out in 2021 with at least the October update so it can OTA update!

However I though the OP said he had the December update ... on a re-read he didn't so my bad for the assumption.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’ll get mine in two weeks time. CS told me it will be updated with the latest updates.
She confirmed no jack in Norway, but this is a requirement in USA. No spare wheel. A regular jack is OK to use.
I am a bit surprised when people complain about the sound system. When I tested the car, the sound was amazing. Maybe it’s my ears, after 35 years around and inside jet aircraft, my high frequencies are pretty much gone. Or the sound settings are off in the car.
Thanks to stevelup, I have stored his settings and will enter them before my first drive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts