Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
P*2 | Single Motor | Long Range | Pilot | Plus | Towbar | Moon
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Long Range Single Motor with Plus and Pilot packs is due for delivery on 28th September but I am struggling to find insurance as nobody (including Polestar insurance!) seems to have this model on their model list.

Has anybody else experienced this? If so, have you resolved it yet?

Regards
Paul

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not got my insurance yet, but I have looked at how much it will cost me and the usual comparison websites all list it and there's plenty of insurances returning a price.
This is what I see on Money Supermarket and it's the same for all others that I've tried.
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

The closest is Plus 78KWH but as Pilot is shown alongside the AWD version, I would assume its important and that there should be a 'Pilot Plus 78KWH FWD'. Polestar insurance also seems to think so. They are saying it will be at least another week before the list is updated which takes it very close to my delivery date.

As a matter of interest, what was the precise model you looked up?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Ps2 , in the us, is still not on my insurance carriers list. I added it as "other" using the COST NEW, which any insurance company worth its salt can accommodate
Thanks. I wish it was that easy over here.

They can only work with a make and model and It seems to be a case of 'the computer doesn't have it listed so we must decline'. Polestar support are doing as much as they can. They have just offered to speak to their insurers for me and to give me a list of companies who they know will insure this variant but I or my broker have tried many of the big ones.

I find it strange that there aren't more people here with this problem given the single motor variants have just started. Surely I can't be the only Single Motor Long Range Pilot Plus delivery this month.

· Registered
2021, P2, Midnight,19"
103 Posts
Thanks. I wish it was that easy over here.

They can only work with a make and model and It seems to be a case of 'the computer doesn't have it listed so we must decline'. Polestar support are doing as much as they can. They have just offered to speak to their insurers for me and to give me a list of companies who they know will insure this variant but I or my broker have tried many of the big ones.

I find it strange that there aren't more people here with this problem given the single motor variants have just started. Surely I can't be the only Single Motor Long Range Pilot Plus delivery this month.
that certainly qualifies for the "Royal" suckage. hope it gets resolved

· Super Moderator
2,636 Posts
@PTB I'd just take up the free 7 days Polestar insurance, thus giving you time to sort yours out properly.

That gives you pretty much 18 days from now to figure things out.

It was much worse when the car was brand new back in July/August last year - most insurers didn't even have 'Polestar' listed as a manufacturer!

· Registered
Polestar 2
468 Posts
Just in the process of trying to get a quote on my SM SR Polestar too and the list seems to have got smaller - my version with plus and pilot packs is not listed either.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those over 50, Saga are not asking any questions below Manufacturer/Model/Year of Registration.
Just got a quote of £396 guaranteed not to rise for 3 years. (Two drivers; 19 years no claims; 12,000 miles per annum; £650 excess including a £150 voluntary; protected no claims; Legal and Personal injury cover.)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just in the process of trying to get a quote on my SM SR Polestar too and the list seems to have got smaller - my version with plus and pilot packs is not listed either.

View attachment 7562
I've got the Saga Insurance as a banker (see earlier post). I'm just waiting to see if Polestar or my broker come up with anything better but I will post any results here for those under 50!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@PTB I'd just take up the free 7 days Polestar insurance, thus giving you time to sort yours out properly.

That gives you pretty much 18 days from now to figure things out.

It was much worse when the car was brand new back in July/August last year - most insurers didn't even have 'Polestar' listed as a manufacturer!
Thanks, I'd be a bit nervous about taking the 7 day drive away insurance in case the insurance companies don't come up with suitable options in time but I've got the Saga (See earlier post) as a banker and it's a reasonable price.

· Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
1,092 Posts
I recently got a quote for my Project 45 from Saga, which was £214. By the time I had a reg no and was able to accept it went up to £264. (Protected fully comp. £400 excess, 2 wrinklies). We went with them because their windscreen xs is £0 and the replacement is £75.

· Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,627 Posts
2 wrinklies :) I'll hit 50 soon and am already wrinkly!

New logo @toscal353 ... sort of a sideways Hyundai? Have you rolled your car?

Reactions: toscal353

· Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
1,092 Posts
New logo @toscal353 ... sort of a sideways Hyundai? Have you rolled your car?
Good spot Richard 10/10! Trying to play around with the Hyundai badge to see how close i got to the DS Polestar. Not rolled yet, however a close encounter with a chain link fence on day 5 :(. Hey ho, SMART repair Monday.

· Registered
Polestar 2
468 Posts
I just took out the free 7 day cover from Polestar Insurance - their quote for the year was nearly £600 so I don't think I'll be using them.

But the only model option you could choose on the online form was Polestar 2, you couldn't choose the specific type e.g. Single/Dual motor or different packs. And having got the policy documents it shows up as Dual Motor so guess I'll need to ring them to try and change it to Single Motor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.