Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new user so I’m sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I got contacted by Polestar Norway last week regarding my order which said ETA July 2022 and still does so in the app(order date 23.03.22). What they basically told me was that my order came in too late to be produced with the MY22 cars and I will have to get a MY23 car.

Some updates to the car is fine, but they can’t simply upgrade/transfer my order - I have to place a new order myself, including placing another deposit, and cancel the current one. If I don’t do anything, my current order will simply be cancelled by Polestar in a while.

This will delay the delivery until september (or I guess even later), which is okay, but I will no longer be able to spec it with the wheels I ordered.

Has anyone else had the same experience on their orders? I think this is very poorly executed from Polestars side, the fact that the order came in just too late for MY22 should have been communicated very early on, not 4-6 weeks prior to the communicated delivery. The fact that they cant simply transfer or upgrade my order just seems wierd to me, to be quite honest, it feels like they just tell you this is what’s going on, provide you with no options, and then leave the customer
to do all the work.

I asked whether it would be possible to get the wheels I originally ordered, as the wheels are really my only negative with the MY23, but the answer was simply «nope they will no longer be produced».

It’s a shame this experience is bad, as there is no question the car is best in class in my opinion, but the customer service and communication on this issue was really not good.

· Registered
246 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I’ve heard differently elsewhere in Europe and our experience has been different in Canada. They are moving my MY22 LRSM in Void to a MY23 LRSM in Space free of charge. No option to change config though, and we too are stuck with the MY23 wheels. Our delivery dates have been pushed out to November earliest. Polestar is simply upgrading our order, so no need to reorder and pay a new deposit, nor the higher prices for MY23.

· Registered
MY22-LRSM-pilot/plus-20"-void
42 Posts
I totally understand your worry about the new wheels. Did you order 19's or 20's? In my opinion both are less attractive on MY23. I took delivery of my LRSM MY22 three weeks ago, with the very nice 20's on both summer and winter wheels. Upon delivery something weird happened; during their routine call a week prior to delivery they asked me if I wanted summer or winter wheels mounted. Kind of weird to ask for an early May delivery, I thought - but I said I wanted the summer wheels mounted, of course. Then, when I took delivery of the car they told my "the winter wheels hasn't arrived yet", which I found curious since they asked me which set I wanted mounted a week earlier.
Now, three weeks after delivery I still haven't heard anything. Contacted Polestar today about this, who said they were marked as 'delivered' in their system, but they would contact the hand-off centre (Trondheim) to see what is up. Now I am really fearing that I will end up with those hideous new 20" rims on the winter wheels.. Ok, they may provide some better range which could be handy in wintertime, but man are they ugly! MY22 20" wheels are by far the coolest of all the Polestar rims, in my opinion - even nicer than the performance ones. So I will be very bummed if I get those new white-ish platelike asterisk rims. Ugh, reminds me of the fugly stock "disc-rims" of my previous eGolf (sold those wheels immediately).

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went for the 20 inch wheels as well for summer and 19’s for winter. I totally agree, the 20s on the MY22 just elevate the looks of the car. The same cant be said about the new options🤷🏻‍♂️ The winter set dont bother me too much, they usually get caked in snow and salt anyways! I just find the principle of not getting what you order not okay, getting the exact spec you want is a big part of getting a new car rather than a used one in my opinion.
I contemplated to just cancel the order and keep my eyes out for a pre configured car, but looking at the delivery issues around the world I’ve decided to stick with it and maybe it will be a better chance on getting my hands on the MY22 wheels at a later time.

· Registered
MY22-LRSM-pilot/plus-20"-void
42 Posts
I would have probably gotten the 19's on the winter set as well, if I had to pay full price on them. But I ordered my car while Polestar ran the "free set of winter wheels"-campaign here in Norway at the start of the year. So I just went for the 20's. The 19's will probably give a smoother ride on norwegian winter roads and better range as well, but in the end I chose looks over reason, hehe.

What bugs me the most with the MY23 20's is the colour. They look almost white, and doesn't match any of the paint options other than Snow. Had they gone for a darker shade of grey, gunmetal or even black they would probably look better. And the plate-like looks would be more subtle. Granted, I have not yet seen them in real life, nor pictures other than promotional pics and videos from Polestar. So the impression might be better IRL, but I doubt it.
If I do end up getting the new 20's I will seriously consider having them powdercoated black or gunmetal. That could actually work with my Void PS2 ;) Or, simply sell them and get a different brand set of rims.

Well, good luck with your purchase, Straad! I think in the end you will be very pleased with your Polestar, MY23 wheels or not. What an awesome car it is! I am totally in love :love:

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I am considering contacting the local Polestar space at least to see if there is a possibility to get it delivered with the MY22 20 inches instead. The customer service did not seem willing at all to look into, they didnt even inform me on the new wheel designs before me asking when they called the first time regarding the upgrade. Hence some of my dissapoitment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts