Polestar Forum banner

MY23 LRDM with Pilot Lite - Australia version

7K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  Tikkaspecial 
#1 ·
Just picked up my MY23 reordered car yesterday.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

Some of the observations about the MY23 models with Pilot Lite:
  • we do get DAB+ in Australia
  • AVAS is working fine and is kinda loud (the way it should be)
  • we definitely get the knightrider like taillight animation
  • the internet connection seems to be better in the car than my phone. I am with Optus as well but in the basement I get a very faint signal on the phone but I can easily sit in my apartment and use the app to check the location, send commands to lock/unlock, check battery status, etc.
Also as mentioned in a lot of the other threads the AutoNexus finish on the car is not good. It is better to get the car professionally done. The car was not as bad as some other owners have had but it is enough that I can see some water marks and swirls on the paint.

I am starting this thread so that people can ask me any questions about the Australian MY23 version that people might have. I only have the Pilot Lite pack, with the Zinc cloth seats and 19" wheels and so cannot answer anything about the Plus or Performance packs.

Video of the tail light animation:

AVAS at work:

See less See more
#2 ·
AVAS at work:
Ok mine definitely doesn't do that 😂

the internet connection seems to be better in the car than my phone. I am with Optus as well but in the basement I get a very faint signal on the phone but I can easily sit in my apartment and use the app to check the location, send commands to lock/unlock, check battery status, etc.
This will be partially due to the location and type of antenna. Higher gain, and mounted on top of the vehicle means it will get signal further than your phone does. That said, I do think there might be some wiggle room around the edges with the fact that it is not Optus, but rather Singtel roaming on Optus. A week or 2 ago there was a major Optus outage affecting all towers within about 10km of where I was, wife's phone on Optus was SOS, eCall button in car was flashing red, and no bars on the centre screen with an X, after about 30 seconds the eCall light went white, and 20 seconds after that AAOS had working data, wife's phone remained dead as a doornail

#5 ·
Thank you. Yes all those ordering pains seem to go away as I drove the car.

Cannot turn off AVAS. That is a safety requirement.

Oh also noticed one weird thing. If I am sitting in the car and the car is not in gear then turning on the hazards doesn't make any sound inside the car or show the lights in the display. So you have no indication that the hazards have turned on or not unless you go outside and check it. If the car is in gear then it makes the sound as well.

#10 ·
Awesome to see it in your hands finally. And you even had time to post some updates on it. Congrats mate, very happy for you! Hope you slept well since!

Mine is still scheduled for 04-Oct, so I can't wait. Just that suddenly there's a bunch of paperwork as Polestar Finance and Polestar Australia realised that there is still stuff they need me to do for the finance. All happening while I'm currently interstate in QLD (and Qantas having lost my luggage too!)

#12 ·
Awesome to see it in your hands finally. And you even had time to post some updates on it. Congrats mate, very happy for you! Hope you slept well since
Well I have time for updates because I am also partially down with the flu. Great time to get sick, a week before we fly out.
Hope they sort out the finance for you soon and don’t delay the handover. Time to buy new clothes and send the bill to Qantas. :)

#13 · (Edited)
Heyyy big congrats on the handover!

One thing I was curious on the MY23 was the inclusion of interior door handle lights and door bin lights for the non-plus cars? Let us know if this is actually the case :)

** oh and would also be good to know if below door puddle lights are present on the front / back on the non-plus. I believe should be front only?

#14 ·
Heyyy big congrats on the handover!

One thing I was curious on the MY23 was the inclusion of interior door handle lights and door bin lights for the non-plus cars? Let us know if this is actually the case :)
Thank you. I don’t think there are any lights there but I will check and confirm.

Drove a bit today and car is a dream to drive. Weather has been miserable here but still been good. Happy to declare no rattles or issues to report.

#16 ·
Do AU cars have Homelink?
No.

It's listed in the manual
it’s listed with a star and
Code:
Optional/accessory - The equipment described
in the Manual is not available in all cars - they
have different equipment depending on adaptations
for 
the needs of different markets and national or
local laws and regulations.

#27 ·
Could you film the car from the outside while it drives by? Still have not seen any footage of the new 19 inch rims in motion.
and great car! Same as what we have on order, but we have SM and plus
Will try to arrange that. The weather is not good here for the next couple of days and then we are away for a month. Hopefully we’ll get a window to record that.

#37 ·
Mine doesn't do that either. I have seen it sometimes move around but not how you describe it. At the handover the map in the display kept moving around and the guy said that is to make sure the driver is paying attention to the display and not just fallen asleep. I was like sure. That does not make sense at all but whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.