Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rummaging around under the driver seat today to look for a lost item and spotted an unused electrical connector. I wonder what it's for.

One suspicion is it's where the fan is powered from on the "old woman" beige seats, perhaps an owner of one of those can take a look? The connector is present on both front seats. Pictured below, the orange/grey connector

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry... try again. I have the Barley interior (aka "old woman" beige) and that connector is freeballin', too.

BTW, FWIW, I love my Barley interior and the light wood accents, and the ventilated seats are totally worth the "beige" color ;-). Also, again FWIW, my PAK is still working great going on 3 weeks solid now. (crossing all appendages).

·
Registered
354 Posts
BTW, I just noticed that in your original image, there's a cable going from that wire assembly into the floor carpet, whereas my car doesn't have that. I presume that's just a manufacturing difference, but it could be relevant....

·
Registered
PP, Magnesium, Slate
17 Posts
I was rummaging around under the driver seat today to look for a lost item and spotted an unused electrical connector. I wonder what it's for.

One suspicion is it's where the fan is powered from on the "old woman" beige seats, perhaps an owner of one of those can take a look? The connector is present on both front seats. Pictured below, the orange/grey connector
Off topic: I'd be interested in the "raw" welding spot under the seat too. With a little bit of rust there as it hasn't been painted.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry... try again. I have the Barley interior (aka "old woman" beige) and that connector is freeballin', too.

BTW, FWIW, I love my Barley interior and the light wood accents, and the ventilated seats are totally worth the "beige" color ;-). Also, again FWIW, my PAK is still working great going on 3 weeks solid now. (crossing all appendages).

View attachment 6498
Hmm, forget that idea then.

My PAK still works on the car end, but I have to reboot my phone each time I want to use it. Not so convenient.

BTW, I just noticed that in your original image, there's a cable going from that wire assembly into the floor carpet, whereas my car doesn't have that. I presume that's just a manufacturing difference, but it could be relevant....
Hmm, that one is curious. Maybe that is a difference between the tech weave and the leather seats?

Off topic: I'd be interested in the "raw" welding spot under the seat too. With a little bit of rust there as it hasn't been painted.
Looks like both @gadgeTT and mine are corroded there. I think it's quite common to have some unpainted metal parts in seats. I suspect it's just slight surface corrosion that looks worse with phone camera lighting.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My PAK still works on the car end, but I have to reboot my phone each time I want to use it. Not so convenient.
I occasionally have to force the app to quit and start the app again (iOS version), but I've not had to reboot the whole phone to restore connectivity to the car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you use Android however, force closing and starting the app works there too. I do not have to do it very often, just when the app was last used over a day or two ago.
Other than this intermittent issue (fixed by force-restarting the app), I have used DK since early May every single time (except twice when I went swimming).

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Maybe it's for the massaging module found in some Volvos?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about that but that's not an option in any polestar seat, so why would it even exist? Unless of course there was originally a plan to offer that when the seat was designed/specified.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I occasionally have to force the app to quit and start the app again (iOS version), but I've not had to reboot the whole phone to restore connectivity to the car.
My iOS is the same, I generally have to restart the app in order for it to connect (at least daily), but that is it (but again, off topic for this thread).

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I thought about that but that's not an option in any polestar seat, so why would it even exist? Unless of course there was originally a plan to offer that when the seat was designed/specified.
If they just pulled some stuff from the parts bin might have been cheaper/easier to just use the existing module as opposed to speccing a new one? I guess the best way to confirm would be to check a car with the seats as an option. Maybe I'll go crawl around the Volvos at the local dealership. :D

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
24 Posts

View attachment 6498
I prefer the leather seats as well for several reasons.
1) the ‘beige’ color brightens the cabin along with the wood accents
2)more premium feel and look
3)I would miss the ventilated seats getting the stock interior
4)probably easier to clean/maintain

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
If I had a second chance, I'd order the barley seats. I think they look amazing, particularly with a Midnight car.

I would guess that the seat connector is part of a standard Volvo parts bin wiring loom, rather than have a special seat loom just for Polestars, so it's probably for seat massagers as you say.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
181 Posts
My PAK worked for about 3 weeks, then stopped working as key, but still gave SoC and Climate. I decided to delete the app and reload and try again. Now, the car says it is attached to the app, but the app doesn't recognize the car at all. So, no PAK, SoC, or Climate and can't delete the phone as the car says to go to the app to delete the phone. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
My PAK worked for about 3 weeks, then stopped working as key, but still gave SoC and Climate. I decided to delete the app and reload and try again. Now, the car says it is attached to the app, but the app doesn't recognize the car at all. So, no PAK, SoC, or Climate and can't delete the phone as the car says to go to the app to delete the phone. Any ideas?
It's extreme, but add a new profile, set it as admin, set it up with the app, and delete the old one. You'll have to reinstall your apps, re-log in to them all, re-OK varied privacy settings and permissions, get whatever non-default settings re-set, and you'll likely have need for a few curse words along the way.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's extreme, but add a new profile, set it as admin, set it up with the app, and delete the old one. You'll have to reinstall your apps, re-log in to them all, re-OK varied privacy settings and permissions, get whatever non-default settings re-set, and you'll likely have need for a few curse words along the way.
Not necessary to delete the original. Once you've set up and paired the dummy profile to the phone, you should see both connections (the new one being the active one) in the phone app, and you can delete both. Then delete the dummy profile in the car, and switch back to the original. Now you should be able to pair it again.

This is of course pure stupidity on Polestar's account. It should NOT be possible to get into this situation in the first place. Simply allowing to delete a phone pairing from within the car would have been sufficient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll have to double check on our Volvo V90cc, but I'm pretty sure that connector is for the electrically controlled thigh support. It's manual on the PS2, and several other Volvos, but the main wiring harness for the seats still include that connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So it's not the connector for the electric thigh support. So maybe for those cars/Volvos that have the massage feature? That's the only thing our Volvo seats don't have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts