Thanks for the update.I just today got feedback from Polestar - they believe that the car's security certificates are revoked or expired and need to be reinstalled along with a full software update.
AND I got them to give me a Polestar 2 as a loan car while they deal with this so I don't have to pay for petrol or diseasel if they screw it up.
If only someone had told them 4 months ago that it was likely a certificate issue - Oh wait! I did! 🤦♂️
There's probably little chance of me leaping to anywhere near the stage you are at now, even though I appear to have exactly the same problem with my car. I'll wait to see if your fix works before starting what is likely to be an equally frustrating journey with CS.