Polestar Forum banner

Never have I ever...

• Had an OTA update in my time with the car (had car for 6 months+)

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Had an OTA update in my time with the car (had car for 6 months or less)

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Had any problems with the OTA update since they started

Votes: 17 30.9%
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just today got feedback from Polestar - they believe that the car's security certificates are revoked or expired and need to be reinstalled along with a full software update.

AND I got them to give me a Polestar 2 as a loan car while they deal with this so I don't have to pay for petrol or diseasel if they screw it up.

If only someone had told them 4 months ago that it was likely a certificate issue - Oh wait! I did! 🤦‍♂️
Thanks for the update.

There's probably little chance of me leaping to anywhere near the stage you are at now, even though I appear to have exactly the same problem with my car. I'll wait to see if your fix works before starting what is likely to be an equally frustrating journey with CS.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok. Didn’t get a single motor. Got a Performance Pack with leather!

not as big a difference to comment on but I’m impressed more with the standard car because the performance pack doesn’t add that much but neither does it take that much away.

What I like most about it is the seatbelts 😂

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update from the dealer.

P1.7 installed properly. This has not solved the problem where the car will not accept the Polestar account.

Time for them to use the 7 step instructions provided by Polestar on how to update the certificates to fix that...

Step 1. The car has to be logged into the polestar account.

Forehead Cheek Chin Mouth Comfort

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
349 Posts
Update from the dealer.

P1.7 installed properly. This has not solved the problem where the car will not accept the Polestar account.

Time for them to use the 7 step instructions provided by Polestar on how to update the certificates to fix that...

Step 1. The car has to be logged into the polestar account.

View attachment 8139
Were the instructions written by one Joseph Heller?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts