Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from Google that a new device is contributing to my Google account's location history. Previously it was just my phone and my watch, but now "Polestar" shows up and is checked off.

So maybe FINALLY, google is working to better integrate AAoS into its existing systems.

·
Registered
PS2 '22 | Snow | PPP | Napa Leather
209 Posts
I just got an email from Google that a new device is contributing to my Google account's location history. Previously it was just my phone and my watch, but now "Polestar" shows up and is checked off.

So maybe FINALLY, google is working to better integrate AAoS into its existing systems.
that must be how someone said they initiated a remote install of software. I checked my google account yesterday but the car didn't show up under my devices. Does the car do that for you now? Can you see what apps are installed on the car from your account? (on your phone or PC).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that must be how someone said they initiated a remote install of software. I checked my google account yesterday but the car didn't show up under my devices. Does the car do that for you now? Can you see what apps are installed on the car from your account? (on your phone or PC).
I've always been able to see the car within the app store, and I picked my car up in August of last year.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I actually got this sense a few days ago as well. I wasn’t sure what it was about but it could’ve very well been my car

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
66 Posts
Sorry, you've been able to see it as device for your location history, or in the app store?
Mine is in location history and been there since January 28 when I got car per my manager devices Google - My Account … if I’m understanding the op correctly.

In location history, there is an option for what devices and you can turn off the Polestar if you want. Looking at your account on Google, I mean.

Reactions: nbvolks

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is in location history and been there since January 28 when I got car per my manager devices Google - My Account … if I’m understanding the op correctly.

In location history, there is an option for what devices and you can turn off the Polestar if you want. Looking at your account on Google, I mean.
I'm the OP. ;)

Okay, so if it was there for you, I'm confused why it suddenly showed up for me and Google felt the need to email me to notify me of it. Strange. I know it (Polestar) wasn't there previously, because it wasn't there earlier in the year when I added my Galaxy watch.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm the OP. ;)

Okay, so if it was there for you, I'm confused why it suddenly showed up for me and Google felt the need to email me to notify me of it. Strange. I know it (Polestar) wasn't there previously, because it wasn't there earlier in the year when I added my Galaxy watch.
Odd, I got the same notification today as well. I've been able to install apps remotely before this as well (same as you).

·
Registered
53 Posts
there is a good chance it might be related to location sharing enabled when the App started to report the vehicle location... when you enable location sharing Google reminds you that your account is doing so, I think it has been sent in a quarterly interval or something

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon Pilot/Plus/Napa
66 Posts
there is a good chance it might be related to location sharing enabled when the App started to report the vehicle location... when you enable location sharing Google reminds you that your account is doing so, I think it has been sent in a quarterly interval or something
That was my thought. Reminders or new notifications? Google sends regular privacy and location sharing reminders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts